OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning silver

Started by blueridgegobbler, April 14, 2016, 06:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueridgegobbler

Bought a browning silver put sights on it an could not adjust them over far enough to get pattern on paper at 40 yards sent to browning they said it was pattern tested and sent it back no better. Should have bought a Benelli got 300 dollar 870 that at least shoots poa

Ridge Rooster

That sucks! have you thought about a FF3?

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

blueridgegobbler

I thought about ff3 but I'm going to sell gun I found original sbe 24 inch barrel I'm going to buy.

kcrebel

Stupid question:
When you shot the Browning did you have an aftermarket choke tube installed or were you using one of the chokes that came with the gun? 
I have seen a few chokes in my time redirect a pattern badly in different directions. 
Hope you get it resolved.  I would stay in communication with Browning if it indeed is a defective barrel.  No gun manufacturer wants a poor performing product in the field. 

mikejd

My father's browning gold shoots an IC choke so far to the right and low that you can not hunt it. We did find other chokes that it likes much better.

Prohunter3509

The full strut tube that came with guns shoot a pretty good pattern.but I went and bought an ic 665 and I am really pleased with lb 6's

blueridgegobbler

This barrel is all jacked up the rib has a slight cant to it one side is a touch lower but you can see it with the naked eye. It's not just me either handed off to a few friends without telling them the problem and they noticed it. It is with all chokes but you really see with tighter patterns.

Dr Juice

That sux. I agree to keep in touch with Browning and press on. I'm sure they do not want their reputation tarnished any further. Good luck.

Ridge Rooster

You cant go wrong with the SBE! I got 3 of them, 2 have the 24" barrel and pattern great.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

blueridgegobbler

Found a 24 inch barrel for the browning gonna order it camo doesn't match so I'll need to find somebody to dip it for me

slave601

Do the browning silvers come drilled and tapped for a rail? Can you even get a rail for one?
"thinnin the flock"

Dr Juice

I don't believe they do but you can get a saddle mount which in my opinion will be a lot sturdier and tough in the turkey field. I have a saddle mount on my X2 which I believe is the Browning Silver equivalent and it is awesome. The camo (not important to me) blends nicely with the gun so you have options out there. Good luck.

Prohunter3509

Mine came tap and predrilled

blueridgegobbler

My gun is at sumtoy now be a while before I get it back but I'm excited cut to 24 inches rethread forcing cone and poi work should be good to go after researching their reviews.