turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jackie Bushman

Started by Happy, April 13, 2016, 06:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

Is anyone else here sick of Jackie Bushman sales tactics? Reason I ask is about 4 years ago my dear wife entered me in a drawing for one of his free hunts. Little did she know the repercussions of that action. I didn't either for that matter. Not to many days later I get a phone call from a salesman for them asking about becoming a member. I was in the middle of a startup at work and remember telling him I didn't have time to talk. He offered to send the information in the mail and I said yeah whatever. Well next thing I know I am getting their sign up gifts in the mail as well as their catologue. I didn't feel like the hassle so I paid the bill and let my membership die. Well four years later I am still getting phone calls from them and even worse now they are using kids. Now what kind of person is going to have kids do his dirty work? Is it just me or is that about as shameless as it gets?
Sorry if this is out of line but I just don't have any respect whatsoever for that man.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

SteelerFan

Seems like Buckmasters has been using that tactic for a long time. Way back, and I mean way back, I signed up - got my Gerber knife and magazine subscription. Let it lapse after a couple of years, and HOLY CRAP! It was like the redneck mafia collection agency trying to get you to sign back up!

I'm with you on this one.  :angry9:

SwampDog35

I made the mistake earlier this year signing my wife up for the "Special Hunt" with the Landry Boy's from Swamp People. Not knowing their tactics I got Mulitiple phone calls Badgering me to pay. Finally told them to take me off the phone list and don't call anymore.

SinGin

Ya'll should read the threads on archerytalk about him. Those guys want Jackies head on a stick.  :fud:

Happy

Oh its not like that for me. Ha ha. He can irritate me all he wants and I can deal with it. It's the fact that he  using kids to make his phone calls now. What person would expose kids to getting cussed out and yelled at all day for a buck? I assume he thinks people won't say no to kids and will at the very worst just hang up but I am betting some of these kids are getting an earful. That's what blows my mind.

jed clampett

I have been through the same thing
....it got tiresome...finally they just quit calling

RutnNStrutn

I'm a life member of Buckmasters. Switched all of my magazine subscriptions over to life memberships to save money 20 years ago. ;D I put in for their contests and crap. Never won a thing. :lol: If you have caller ID, look for calls from Birmingham, AL or Baton Rouge, LA. Those calls are from Buckmasters. Just ignore them.  ;D

wvmntnhick

Don't mind Happy fellas. He's just bitter because he ended up paying 5 times the actual face value of the knife they sent him.  :TooFunny:

Actually, this is the first I've heard of them having kids make the call. I'm not a member of any sorts and will never be. Never really got into the Jackie Bushman/Buckmaster thing. Unless you count their Nikon scopes. That's a different story all together. Don't mind them one bit. Otherwise, my loyalty dies there.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 13, 2016, 10:03:23 PM
Don't mind Happy fellas. He's just bitter because he ended up paying 5 times the actual face value of the knife they sent him.  :TooFunny:
:lol: ;D :TooFunny:

Happy

I forgot about the knife. Thanks for throwing another stick on the fire there Hick. :bike2:

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Happy on April 13, 2016, 10:11:37 PM
I forgot about the knife. Thanks for throwing another stick on the fire there Hick. :bike2:

Your quite welcome. Maybe you could bring it to camp. We could use it to spread condiments on our sandwiches in the evenings. Wait, it is sharp enough to get through mayonnaise and peanut butter isn't it?

Ishi

When they called me years ago soliciting to get my membership I said I hated his tv show and didn't care for him. After do that for a few years they took me off their list :z-guntootsmiley:
The Spirit Lives On

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Happy on April 13, 2016, 10:11:37 PM
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

WisTurk

I made the mistake a couple of years ago to enter one of his contests from his tv show where you could win a hunt.  Obviously I wasn't a winner, but that didn't stop them from constantly hounding me to join the stupid Buckmasters.  I've learned to never sign up for any kind of contest anywhere that asks for your personal information (phone number, address, etc)...they just sell your contact info solicitors who never stop bugging you till you get really mad at them and let them get an earful over it.  >:(

turkey harvester

Tell them you wouldn't kill a buck to save your life. Ask where is the nannymaster sign up is. tell them you kill nanny's and little ones and see if you still qualify to be in their organization, lol.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.