turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Great Forum

Started by 5arraquiver, April 12, 2016, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5arraquiver

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the helpful information. Such a wealth of knowledge all in one place!  Shot my 1187 today with an SSX truglo choke I bought from Clark. Not a precise patterning session at 40 with solid rest but I shot seated with a shooting stick at 30 yds. Shot 3" fed hw 7, 3rd degree, win LB 5, and win LB 6's.   Long beard 6's hands down was the winner for me. All were very dead turkeys but very impressed with the Winchester long beards.
Thanks again and good luck!
God Bless!
Questions? Answer: Jesus

Farmboy27

Best of luck to you as well!  This is a truly a great forum and although we all disagree from time to time, we're all a bunch of crazy nuts that get up early on our days off to chase a big, bald headed bird!  Welcome to the circus!! 

lowoctane

:wagon:   Yes, it is a great forum!!!  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

allaboutshooting

As an "old guy" I remember when there were many very negative folks who waited to pounce upon anyone who disagreed with their point of view or financial interests. Frankly, they gave very negative advice and caused many people great harm.

Fortunately, Shannon and the folks here at OG did not put up with them and they were kept from disseminating disrupting and even very  harmful advice. That took some real courage on their part. This was a new "industry" and everyone was competing for readership. To ban and eliminate some of the most prolific posters, took real real courage and a belief that being honest and truthful would prevail in the long term.

Any reader can see that they were correct in their long-term view but that was not as evident many years ago. Some of the most "popular" posters were very adversarial and just plain nasty. They discouraged new readers and made all of us look bad to casual readers.

My hat is off to Shannon for being courageous and taking a stand. it has proven to be the correct stance and one that has made OG the place to come to share and get good information.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Old Gobbler

Thanks for the kind words.!

Clark nailed it on the head , pretty much what happens on poorly maintained forums is that the keyboard hero's set up shop and start running off folks , good folks.... usually there is some sort of agenda either financial or to fulfill some sort of psychological inadequacy , a example is the hoards of 19 year old know-it-alls that dominate the waterfowl and archery forums, and have degenraged into a arena of bashing

I have way too much to say on this , but a forum.is only as good as its purpose , and og is a free thinking exchange of valuable information regarding turkey hunting

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Bowguy

Longshanks

This is great website and a great group of people. The folks on here genuinely want to help with all things related to turkey hunting. Information from some of the best turkey hunting advocates in the country without allot of arguing and the negativity that you see on other websites.

Dr Juice

This is a great forum and it is a great place for sharing information and experiences. If I was looking for a fight or some sort of confrontation, I have a wife for that :-) Good luck to all.

Cottonmouth

Best forum out there. It's nice to know that I'm not the only guy out there addicted to chasing these majestic birds.