turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

VA youth day success!

Started by mossybird, April 02, 2011, 10:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossybird

My little brother layed the SMACKDOWN on 2 2 year old today! I'm 17 so I can't kill em today but we had em roosted Friday and man did he whack them! Here's the story: We pulled into the hunting spot at about 6 30 am and me and my little brother took a 25 minute nap in the truck . No longer did I step out the truck , gobbbbblllleeee ! I said Ohh lord. My 10 year old brother loaded up and we headed across the field toward the woods and heard different gobblers everywhere but we focused on these gobblers. So we got down to the woodline and we heard another one. We eased on down into the woods about 30 yards and we hear 2 flydown. We set up and I put a Jake and a hen out in the opening. I pulled out my wingbone and hit 3 yelps . No sooner than that we see 2 white heads coming down through the woods about 70 yards. I told my brother to take the safety off and get down on the gun . At around 60 yards they got a little antsy and I hit that Dan kendalls calls secret weapon and here they come a running. Now I tried my hardest to separate them but they were like brothers. They were about to jump the Jake and I told him to kill him. He shot and them Winchester 3 in 2 oz # 6 lead killed em both stone dead no flapping at all at 30 yards. Man I was sooo happy for my little brother I was hugging him and he was shakeing like a leaf and so was I . They both had 1/2 inch spurs and little 6 inch beards. Awesome hunt and awesome first turkeys . We called the game warden and we told him the situation and he was one of the few nice ones and he understood what happened and he congratulated my little brother . This all happened in a matter of 10 minutes !!! Thanks for reading this story and here's your picture-

M,Yingling

Congrats to you both  ,,Nice birds  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Hognutz

Congrats to the both of you.  :fud: :newmascot: :newmascot:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

JVA54

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

RutnNStrutn

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Wrangler95

:newmascot:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Jskwru11

nice job.  Where do you hunt in VA?  I went out with a youth yesterday and didn't find any birds that wanted to gobble after they hit the ground.  Heard plenty off the roost tho.

mossybird

Quote from: Jskwru11 on April 03, 2011, 02:21:49 PM
nice job.  Where do you hunt in VA?  I went out with a youth yesterday and didn't find any birds that wanted to gobble after they hit the ground.  Heard plenty off the roost tho.
We hunt in the Madison/Orange areas. Central VA

nctrkyhntr

briancady

turkey slayer