turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My first bird!!!!

Started by supremepredator, April 10, 2016, 05:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremepredator

:jackson: well it's not a gobbler, but after passing on a couple of jakes this year I couldn't help myself and said screw it, I'm shooting this jake. He was one of two that came in to have a look at my hen decoy. They were really spooky walking in. They looked at the decoy and the blind and one putted twice and I thought for sure they were about to bolt, but they stuck around. So when they're heads went behind a tree, I raised my gun, waited for one to emerge and let loose a shower of number 5. Long beards. He flopped at 25 yards and his buddy couldn't get out of their fast enough
"Save the habitat,save the hunt"

Rio Fan

mwr

wvmntnhick

You sir, are a better man than I. If it were my first, I'd have no doubt shot the first bird that walked up. Got lucky with my first bird through as it was quite impressive. Beard was around 10.5-11" if I recall correctly and weighed a shade over 20#. No clue what the Spurs looked like but I didn't care either way. Shot several jakes after that and even whacked one a couple years ago. Won't say it'll never happen again either. Congrats to you sir. If you didn't think you were hooked before, you surely will be now. Get back out there and fill another tag.

tomstopper

Congrats on your first now go get his daddy.....lol

Greg Massey

Great job..nice bird..nothing like your first bird..

boomer

Congrats on your first bird!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hobbes

eddie234

jwright8

Congrats. My first one was a bearded hen.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

NJstrutter

Congrats on your first bird! Now its time to tag that gobbler!

WNCTracker

Congrats. No shame in a Jake!  I'm with wvmntnhick

OldSchool

Congrats on your first!! :icon_thumright:  That's a beautiful bird and don't let anybody tell you different. My first bird was a Jake and I wouldn't trade the memory of that hunt for the biggest bird in the woods.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Dmason3

Congrats! You gotta start somewhere and it's better than tag soup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.