OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are some tidbits you have learned from the forums here?

Started by Marc, April 10, 2016, 05:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

I have learned a lot, like others:

Custom calls & callmakers are pretty darn nice, and it's a more enjoyable buying experience.
Excellent hunting tips get shared.
Folks here take the time to offer up some advice - even though they've typed it plenty of times before.
There is a search feature at the top of each thread that will keep you reading for a looooong time.

I've also learned that OG members, in general, really SUCK at conducting any type of intervention. In fact, I'd classify the whole dang bunch as nothing more than enablers! Shark's, predators, ne'er-do-wells, pushers... whatever you'd like to call them. Some poor b**tard talks about wanting a new call... and BAM! everyone jumps on board and says "DO IT!" "you'll love it," "best one out there!" and so on and so forth.

Not one of you jumps to keyboard and types "WAIT!!!" "Don't do it, you really don't need that call - the ones you have are just fine!" Nope! They just say viscous things like - "you should try a scratch box"... "man, this trumpet sounds awesome, deadliest I have"... "this short box, by (so-n-so), is stuffed full of feathers"...

And let's not forget the pot call junkies! Pushing new surfaces / soundboards / pot material combos, from this maker or that. Then...then, they stir it up with "you gotta try this striker from (so-n-so)".

Yep, learned a lot  :icon_thumright:

greentag

i have learned that i was not the only one with a sickness of colecting turkey calls,only now i get to see more pics of great calls and it has added fuel to the fire.i have also learned that i am a fan to some people who collect calls and their great collection of killers,hunter 22 for instance.

Dr Juice

I am a turkey hunting junky and I have an addiction. I need help :-)

g8rvet

Quote from: mlisandro on April 12, 2016, 06:37:12 PM

Welcome Mlisandro.  I have been sober 13 days.  No purchases, no kills for 13 days. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Marc

Quote from: g8rvet on April 12, 2016, 10:41:01 PM

Welcome Mlisandro.  I have been sober 13 days.  No purchases, no kills for 13 days.

I would be right there with ya...  Have not killed a bird since the opener, and have not made any purchases since before the opener (outside of gas)...  But, with the storm we had last weekend, I felt it was imperative to have a wet box call for the vest...  I picked up the Primos Wet Box, and although nothing to brag about, it kept working all morning (in a driving constant rain), and it actually sounds fairly decent.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Swampchickin234

Bout like everyone else. Calls are an addiction that drain the wallet????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Quote from: g8rvet on April 12, 2016, 10:41:01 PM

That's great news for you ... I think. I am succumbing as a result of my most recent purchases of a pot call and a couple of strikers. Remaining sober - I fail, and I'm jones'ing for NY's opener on 5/1.

Dr Juice

Marc - I use the same Primos Wet Box and I agree with you that it does sound fairly decent. Good luck to ya.