turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Truly blessed. Worked perfect today

Started by reynolds243, April 09, 2016, 10:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

Been wanting to set up in this field for a while now just never could figure out how to do it with cows and no cover.  Farmer called me last night and said he moved them to the other field and I have till 8am to go in there before he has to let them back in. Still wasn't sure how the heck to set up on them so went In the dark and found an old hay bail that was the best i could do for cover.  Had birds roosted to my back and hammering all morning. At daylight all the hens pitched out about 200yds from me and I thought I was once again gonna leave empty handed till heard ol boy gobble 50yds from my left.  Set up ended up being perfect as there was a small rise between us and I could see his fan but not him. Did some light purrs and he came in strutting and drumming. At 17yds let the 20 gauge TSS fly and he never made another move lol.  Sat there for a little while longer and 10mins later the sun was so bright in my face I could t even see 10yds. God truly amazes me with blessings and I have no doubt he played a role in my morning.  Had he flown out with all the rest I never would have had an opportunity and had he been 7mins later I wouldn't have even been able to see him due to the sun. 

There are days that prove to me that I have little say in the paths of life and who truly in charge of this world.  Now I know God doesn't care if I kill a turkey or not HOWEVER I do fully believe he cares about my happiness and passions in life. Mornings like today allow me to give glory to God and truly praise him for the many many blessings I have in life. They allow me to reflect on life and what's important as well as what I take for granted daily.

25lbs

1 1/8 Spurs

10" beard.

Always gotta have an edited one  lol

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

renegade19

SteelerFan

jed clampett

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

wmn2

Congrats! Great photos as well

Semper Fidelis

Frylock

You're having an amazing season so far, congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JK Spurs

I like my turkey well peppered

TNTRKYHunter

Great job!! Beautiful pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Amen. Everything you said is right. Congrats brother.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

owlhoot

tomstopper

OldSchool

Congrats on a beauty!! :icon_thumright: Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

mgm1955

boomer

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk