OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Where's spring?!

Started by Farmboy27, April 08, 2016, 09:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

Spring just won't get here in central PA. Cold and windy all week and now it looks like 2-6 inches of snow tomorrow. Only 3 weeks till season (2 weeks till youth).  I sure hope this weather gets a bit more seasonal. Hate to have to wear a camo snow snow suit for spring gobbler!!

Greg Massey

Weather has been bad all week in West Tenn... the wind has blew any were from 20 to 30 plus , now in the morning it's going to be around freezing and all the tress have green out...turkeys are not working at all in this weather, gobbling very little.. coveralls back on in the morning...

Happy

Woke up this morning to about an 1 and 1/2 inches of snow here in the mountains of md. May have to wear my thermal thongs hunting this year. Ha ha.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

JK Spurs

I'm in Central PA as well Farmboy....I hope I get to shovel my driveway in the morning!  :lol:
I like my turkey well peppered

Worm82

Season has been in for a week here tomm in NE TN and the weather has sucked, as I type this it's lightning and hailing and snowing/raining lol. It's been very windy and cold all week and they are calling for snow with 25 to 35 mph winds with gusts up to 50mph and a high of 48 lol.

Happy

And so it contiues....

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

WV TURKEY THUG

Shouldnt have to worry about ticks if it keeps it up lol.

sswv

here at my house in southern WV right now its 25 degrees with a 13 degree wind chill. about 3"s of snow with more coming down. winds are a steady 25mph. I'll be plowing food plots and chasing gobblers within the month and all this will be behind...I HOPE.

doublespurs21

not here in north east ohio.. had almost 8 inchs of snow today,, season opens next week

JK Spurs

Hang in there PA, WV, NY, OH....looks like warmer weather is in the forecast....just in time!
I like my turkey well peppered

NYlogbeards

Weather has been up and down here in NY, I think people expect it to be in the 70s cause of our warmer winter but this April isn't unusual, I remember one time there was some snow on the ground in the first week of May... Warmer temps will be coming this week and everything will work out like usual and on the plus side Turkey number should be up this year.

tomstopper

Quote from: NYlogbeards on April 09, 2016, 11:43:34 PM
Weather has been up and down here in NY, I think people expect it to be in the 70s cause of our warmer winter but this April isn't unusual, I remember one time there was some snow on the ground in the first week of May... Warmer temps will be coming this week and everything will work out like usual and on the plus side Turkey number should be up this year.
:agreed:

eddie234

Heck of a snow storm here yesterday. Supposed to be up the 70's by next weekend. Just in tome for opening day.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

DirtNap647

had 3 inches yesterday last week I mowed my grass lol looks like warm up is comming

wvmntnhick

Quote from: JK Spurs on April 09, 2016, 10:49:25 PM
Hang in there PA, WV, NY, OH....looks like warmer weather is in the forecast....just in time!

Good deal. As much as I like hunting deer in the snow, not a fan of turkey hunting in it. They stand out better but I'm not a fan.