OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 pricing from a co-worker

Started by SwampDog35, April 08, 2016, 05:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDog35

A co-worker that is a gun buffer has a never used 835 for sale. I'm not wanting to slap him in the face with a lowball offer.

Can anyone suggest a starting price? I see them on GB for around the $300 range. Is this fair?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Eview326

Mike Honcho

Philippe

Well. They are 350 new, once someone purchases a firearm whether or not they have shot it I consider it used. 2-300 tops depending on how old it is and the condition.

Tom Foolery

SwampDog35

He said its about 10 years old. Camo, but he didn't know barrel length. Said it comes with a extra-full choke.

lowoctane

Gun shops around here figure 75% of new if it's in good condition.  :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

SteelerFan

You could always let him start the bidding by asking what he wants to sell, and how much he wants for it? And go from there...

Farmboy27

I definitely wouldn't make any offer until I saw the gun. What some people consider good condition and what I consider good are much different. Make sure you're willing to buy the gun before you start thinking about what you would pay for it.

Mike Honcho

Probably a 24" ported turkey gun.  Gun values are in the eye of the beholder so to speak.  There is some cool factor for it if still new in the box.....is it worth more than a new one????  If it was a camo pattern you liked etc.and they don't make anymore maybe it is but not a lot...or at least worth close to what a new one is.

I would ask him what he wants for it to have a starting point.

To me an older ,never hunted with camo 24" barrel 835 would be a nice find....again eye of the beholder!

SwampDog35

I trust him as he is a perfectionist when it comes to everything he does. Very methodical about his guns. Gonna go see it tomorrow morning.
He told me to give him a price (hence asking you guys your thoughts)

Izzyjoe

Some people don't like camo guns, and don't ask much for them, but the same applies to the half. Somewhere around 250-300. Generally I won't pay a lot for a used shotgun, unless it's super clean.

Mike Honcho

SteelerFan

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."