News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need to find a casual boot for work

Started by gatrapper, April 02, 2011, 05:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I love wearing my boots.  I have several pairs of pull on Georgia boots I wear every day.  I start student teaching at a school in a few months and I want to find a nice style boot to wear that would look good with some slacks and/or jeans.  All the boots I look up seem girly and European looking. 

Help is appreciated. 
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Skeeterbait

If you are looking for wellingtons check the ones sold by John Deere.  My son works in grounds maintenance for a large golf course.  I thought yeah right, some Chineese boot that JD is sticking their name on, won't last a month.  I was wrong, tough waterproof boots that wear like iron.  He says they are the only boot he has ever owned that he doesn't leave work with his feet hurting.  But they wash off and look good too.

Kylongspur88

Redwings are what I wear to class and even the office.

HOOKS1

Take a look at some Justin Ropers, very comfortable. These are what I wear for dress shoes.

REBELYELL

Here you go. I got a pair of these to wear to work. Light, comfortable, waterproof and stylish. I didn't even know Muck made leather boots until I stumbled across these at the local co-op.

http://www.muckbootcompany.com/men/leather/Pages/WellieClassic.aspx

gatrapper

I have some just like the Mucks.  Was looking for a boot like that wouldnt come up as high so it doesnt create a bulge at my ankles when I wear slacks or jeans. 
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

StruttinGobbler3

I own a pair of Justins for dress boots, I can't remember the exact name of them. However, if you visit the Justin website I'm certain you'll find something that will suit you. Justin makes a great boot. Another suggestion, check out Ariat and Durango boots as well, they too make good ones.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion