OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke Tube Help ASAP!!!

Started by aaron.haverfield@gmail.co, April 06, 2016, 05:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaron.haverfield@gmail.co

Hey guys, I know I'm going to get a lot of crap about this but I can't find my Sumtoy choke for my stoeger M3500 and season comes in Monday. I know there's no way to get another Sumtoy in in time so I need quick recommendations for choke tube I can pick up at a sporting good store. How's the new long beard choke?

Gooserbat

:funnyturkey:I'd buy an undertaker
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

Snood Life

I shoot a long beard, and I love it!

Phire Phite

Maybe the Hevi Shot one if you can find it.  Plenty more options for me locally if it were for a Remington, but none for my 3500.  Good luck.

Ihuntoldschool

Just get a turkey choke, if you find one in the same constriction or close to the Sumtoy you won't see much difference.  The constriction is the biggest thing.

WisTurk

What shells are you using?  I patterned my Mossberg 500 over the weekend with 3" LB #6's and used a Carlson's Longbeard choke and I really liked the pattern that it gave me.  Otherwise I also like the way the Jellyhead patterned as well.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm sure I won't see the numbers I got from my Sumtoy but I think I'm leaning towards the carlson, with some longbward #6s.

nyhunter

What's wrong with the subtly choke you already have?

Gobble!

Indian Creek. Find the SumToy, compare the two, and sell the lesser one.

taylorjones20

Quote from: Gobble! on April 07, 2016, 10:54:04 AM

X2
Alive only by the Grace Of God

TRG3

When I take my Remington 870 12 gauge, I use the Undertaker choke which I believe is made by H.S. Strutt. Probably 40 yards with 3" shells loaded with #5 lead shot has been my longest shot which folded the gobbler. It is a definite improvement over the extra full screw in choke I used to use.

Quote from: nyhunter on April 07, 2016, 10:47:26 AM
What's wrong with the subtly choke you already have?

Some how I have miss placed my Sumtoy during Pheasant Season since I use the same gun for both.

Quote from: Gobble! on April 07, 2016, 10:54:04 AM

I thought about doing that, but the indian creek is like a .665 and the Sumtoy is a .650. I dont think Indian creek will do nearly as good. The Long beard choke is a .650 but havent really heard much about it.

Dtrkyman

Factory full

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk