turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Glass pot call recommendations?

Started by Nate K, April 06, 2016, 12:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate K

I have a fairly cheap slate call I use almost exclusively right now when I am in the field. Last season I realized the huge disadvantage of not having multiple calls with me that I was proficient with. I have a box and a few diagram calls that I am practicing with but still would like to add a glass pot call to the mix. Obviously I am a bit late for this season so I am planning to pick one up over the summer in order to become proficient with it before next spring. What recommendations do you guys have for glass pots under or around $55? I don't mind buying used or new. Thanks in advance!

scoot12

Nate,  their are so many great glass calls out there but if you go into the classifieds their is a Macs maple glass for sale that is a great glass call.  Mark Cornelius is the maker and he has won many awards with his calls.  I have his cherry glass and its a great call.  Actually any glass from Mark is awesome.  Scoot

Ozark870Hunter

There's a lot of amazing call makers making great calls, but for $50 a Halloran double glass is pretty tough to beat.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

HFultzjr

Check the classifieds on here.
Lots of good calls in your price range.

Jgarrett

Quote from: scoot12 on April 06, 2016, 12:41:18 PM
Nate,  their are so many great glass calls out there but if you go into the classifieds their is a Macs maple glass for sale that is a great glass call.  Mark Cornelius is the maker and he has won many awards with his calls.  I have his cherry glass and its a great call.  Actually any glass from Mark is awesome.  Scoot

I agree 100%, I can't believe that call is still available for that price especially.  Go buy it, and kill you a few birds.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

beakbuster10

Lonzo birdseye maple glass, Schaefer mad hen 1 or 2, and halloran double glass would be the top picks of mine in your price range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbreedi1

I have Mark Cornellius's Cherry Double Glass that is awesome, I would definitely recommend it. Also as stated, Halloran's Double Glass is good too as well as Schaffer's calls.
Thunder Ridge Totes

West Augusta

Glen Marrer Glass over glass is a killer call
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Bowguy

Every call mentioned is killer. The call in classifieds is a steal. If I didn't have the cherry glass which I love Id buy it

MikeStaten

I'd also recommend a Schaffer Mad Hen 2. 

turkey buster

Check out Gooserbat on this site. He makes a good glass

Nate K

Thanks for all the advice! I went ahead and and bought the Mac's. Can't wait for it to show up!

Triple B

You got a good deal on that call for sure.

SteelerFan

Quote from: Nate K on April 07, 2016, 01:47:42 PM
Thanks for all the advice! I went ahead and and bought the Mac's. Can't wait for it to show up!
Smart move!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

jwright8

Halloran double glass is a killer.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk