OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ol tom I Beam 2.0 on sale at Macks PW

Started by nosaj, April 03, 2016, 04:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosaj

Macks PW has Ol' Tom I beam 2.0 on sale for 120. (25% off)  http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-OLT2250

I just ordered mine!

One advantage to New Hampshire's late season is gear going on sale in time to use that season  ;D

davisd9

Loving mine!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wvmntnhick

Just curious as I'm somewhat of a gear freak but how many pot calls can you actually carry in these things? I carry 5 of them and I'm not seeing the space for that many in the vest. If they won't fit there's no sense in me looking any longer.

davisd9

You could get 5 but it is made for 3

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

nosaj

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 03, 2016, 08:09:15 PM
Just curious as I'm somewhat of a gear freak but how many pot calls can you actually carry in these things? I carry 5 of them and I'm not seeing the space for that many in the vest. If they won't fit there's no sense in me looking any longer.

The vest just came in today. It has 3 dedicated pot call holders however there is tons of pockets in this thing.  You could easily carry 10 calls with all the internal pockets in this thing and still carry 3 box calls and a couple scratch boxes along with extra shells 8-10 strikers, water bottle, clippers, mouth calls, gloves mask, hat ...on and on.  If like your gear this is the vest for you!

stewdawg

Do box calls fit in the dedicated pockets?  I have heard they are too small for a box and that they fall out because they are not secured.

nosaj

Quote from: stewdawg on April 10, 2016, 10:12:59 AM
Do box calls fit in the dedicated pockets?  I have heard they are too small for a box and that they fall out because they are not secured.

Some do, Some don't.  They are not secured with a fastener, they rely on heavy duty expandable fabric.  I have not been much of a box call guy in the past*.  A Lynch's fool proof will not fit as it is too tall and has the screw eyes on in for the rubber band.  A primos wet box fits nice and does not make noise walking around.  If you caught the handle on a branch it would make a noise.  A long box also would not fit in them.  I will need to use it to really be able to make a recommendation.

*Since I found this site a couple months ago and all the custom call makers I have a short box coming from Mike at spring creek, as well as a bunch of other new gear that I was not thinking about before I started coming to this site. :icon_thumright:

davisd9

Take a black hair band and you can secure the boxes with no problem and easy accessibility.

Sent from the Strut Zone

nosaj

Quote from: nosaj on April 11, 2016, 11:04:38 AM
Quote from: stewdawg on April 10, 2016, 10:12:59 AM

Some do, Some don't.  They are not secured with a fastener, they rely on heavy duty expandable fabric.  I have not been much of a box call guy in the past*.  A Lynch's fool proof will not fit as it is too tall and has the screw eyes on in for the rubber band.  A primos wet box fits nice and does not make noise walking around.  If you caught the handle on a branch it would make a noise.  A long box also would not fit in them.  I will need to use it to really be able to make a recommendation.

*Since I found this site a couple months ago and all the custom call makers I have a short box coming from Mike at spring creek, as well as a bunch of other new gear that I was not thinking about before I started coming to this site. :icon_thumright:

And look what showed up today in Bloodwood over Easter Red Cedar!  I will see how it fits tonight however it looks like it should fit just fine!