OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Opening Tennessee

Started by Greg Massey, April 01, 2016, 07:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Our season opens tomorrow with sun and 10 / 20 mph wind..with a over night low Sat. night 34 deg,  looks like i will have to get the coveralls back out...West Tennessee ....But overall the weather looks good for the rest of the week...at least i will be in a blind that will break some of the wind...

mgm1955

TNTRKYHunter

Good luck to all the TN hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Good luck fellows! Hope you guys all have a memorable day. If your like me opening day is the best day of the entire year.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tennessee Lead

Good luck love these frosty morning hunts.

MouthCaller

Hopefully you had some luck it was pretty terrible where I was

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ThunderChickenGetter

Two longbeards and a group of hens came in this morning. Never got within range. Hens are 60 yards from me now but the boys have moved off somewhere

MouthCaller

Did the gobblers gobble?

ThunderChickenGetter

The two birds that came to me never gobbled on the roost. Once they were on the ground they gobbled 10 times or so. I did hear a bird gobbling on the roost early but he was a ways off

ThunderChickenGetter

Take that back. Just shot the first long beard of the season. Pictures soon to come

Greg Massey

Guys i got one this morning it gobble 2 times before it flew down so i soft call and did a fly down and he gobble one more time. i was in my blind so every 30 min. or so i would soft call etc. at 10:30 i did some cutting and purring and he cut me off with a gobble at 11:15 he had circled back to fine his hen and i gave him a face full of 5 at 25 yards.. he weight 24 pd. 10 inch beard and just over 1 inch spurs. Weight wise he was one of the biggest i've ever killed.. this is the 8 th. year in a row i 've killed one on opening morning..thank the good lord...

MouthCaller

Tomorrow and the extended forecast doesn't look good... cold most nights... low tonight here is 31!

Greg Massey

For West Tennessee it looks pretty good low of 36 tonight...rest of next week thru Sat. looks good for us..

Tennessee Lead

Boy they were on fire this morning!
Hopefully they will be in the morning before church to.

Greg Massey

Yes they sure were on fire in West Tenn.. this morning..