Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 Supermagnum magazine follower sticking (Fixed)

Started by 870supermagnum, April 01, 2016, 01:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

I shoot 3.5" shells and put one in the chamber and two in the magazine. The first shell feeds like it should, but the second one isn't in position because it's stuck up in the magazine tube.  I've had this happen to me a few times over the last two years.  I have to clean the magazine tube out with a brush, apply a light coat of oil, and all is well.  What can I do to FIX this problem.  The gun has been in the rain and the internal magazine tube wall is rusty, not bad, but rusty none the less.  Is there a thin waterproof coating I can apply that'll solve the sticking and rust problem?  Any help will be appreciated.

Fieldturkey

Replace the spring and get a low drag follower. That'll fix it

870supermagnum

Thanks for the quick reply.  I just ordered a stainless steel follower and extra pressure spring from Brownell's ($26 to the door).

Fieldturkey

that's should do the trick. I've done it to several shotguns. I scrub the mag tube as well with a wire brush

870supermagnum

I put the new stainless steel follower and extra pressure spring in and it fixed the sticking problem. Thanks for the replies and fix.     :fud: