turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 gauge Longbeards

Started by turkeykiller41, March 31, 2016, 03:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller41

Talked with a guy in marketing at Winchester today he said there are no plans to make 20 gauge Longbeards,that really sucks I think we should aggravate them to death.

dawei

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Dr Juice

There goes my plans to add a 20-g to my arsenal.

Greg Massey

Well i can tell you this a 20 ga. with a 3 in. 6 shot heavy load shell at 30 yards is still bad to the bone..and that's just regular lead shell ..with the right choke...it will hold as good of a pattern as any 12 ga. just about..

Tom Foolery

Quote from: turkeykiller41 on March 31, 2016, 03:04:56 PM
Talked with a guy in marketing at Winchester today he said there are no plans to make 20 gauge Longbeards

Same thing I've been told twice by Winchester.

As long as Federal keeps making #7 Heavyweights I'm good to go.

Gtown78

When I talked to them they didn't come right out and say they weren't going to make them. They told me to shoot the other Winchester shells. I would love to see the Longbeards in 20ga also.

chatterbox

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 01, 2016, 07:29:08 AM
Quote from: turkeykiller41 on March 31, 2016, 03:04:56 PM
Talked with a guy in marketing at Winchester today he said there are no plans to make 20 gauge Longbeards

Same thing I've been told twice by Winchester.

As long as Federal keeps making #7 Heavyweights I'm good to go.
I am in full agreement with Tom. There's not a factory shell that comes close.
I'm buying Fed Heviweight as long as it's in production. If they stop, I would go to Hevi-13 #7's.
I get a chance at one bird a year. Gonna shoot the best shell I can.

FL-Boss

+1...   I totally agree... 90% of hunters may only shoot a few times each season at birds if we are lucky. Fed #7 and HEVI #7 are clearly the best factory 20ga loads made.   I never understood the "high cost" argument about HW loads. Ok.. so you spend an extra $10 per season on shells. Doesn't seem like much considering they are the most important part of your gear. 

I wouldn't shoot lead at turkeys if it was given to me for free..

magnus

Anyplace online best for having those #7 ammos?  I haven't been able to find....

Tom Foolery

The HW 7 is the best factory 20 gauge load I've seen.

I buy 2 boxes of shells (10 rounds) a year and send in the rebates.  I'm into them for $40 or so, I spend more than that on pop tarts in a year.  I just put the new ammo into a box in the gun safe and use the older stuff as I go. 

Midwayusa has it as well as Grafs

tree-rat sniper

Winchester is really missing the boat on this one.  With more & more folks switching to 20s for turkeys (and other game) now is the time to go after the market share.  Most of the box stores that I frequent usually run out of 20s before the season opens.  While they order in 10x as much 12 ga & then clearance it out (sometimes below cost) after the spring season is over.  ???
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Tombo

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 03, 2016, 09:08:33 AM
+1...   I totally agree... 90% of hunters may only shoot a few times each season at birds if we are lucky. Fed #7 and HEVI #7 are clearly the best factory 20ga loads made.   I never understood the "high cost" argument about HW loads. Ok.. so you spend an extra $10 per season on shells. Doesn't seem like much considering they are the most important part of your gear. 

I wouldn't shoot lead at turkeys if it was given to me for free..
This! :thanks:

Gtown78

I sure would love to see them!

The Woodsman