turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your #1

Started by Triple Gobble, March 30, 2016, 08:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Gobble

I've got several custom calls from guys on here this year, and look forward to using them.  Hopefully can replace old trusty with a few of the new ones I got. :bible:
Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

wvmntnhick

Most of my birds have been started with an old Primos box cutter and finished with an HS split v III. lost the box cutter and replaced it with 3 new boxes this year. Loaned the McKinnis to a buddy of mine as he's never used a box call before. The two that will alternate time in the vest are my SS field grade and a Lonnie Mabry box that I got from a generous member here. I've got 3 Yingling pots that are going to see some serious time this year as well as a halloran Crystal mistress that's going to get its fair share of service. I'll alternate until I find what the bird wants. Not sure who' showing to come out on top but I've got a hunch. Having said that, the diaphragm that I'm relying on the most right now is an HS ma deuce. Hope it continues to produce for me when it's called upon.

Ozark870Hunter

#1 would be the call that he responds to on any given day, so I consider all calls riding in my vest to be a #1.
Play all my calls a lot in the pre-season. Often have 2 pots of a same surface in a 2 pot case on me that I play head to head for a few days to determine a favorite. Currently in the vest are a
Hanks zebrawood glass over aluminum, Yingling cast cactuswood copper over glass, Schaffer Atomic 13 anodized aluminum, and a Schaffer laminate slate over glass.
Also carry a Scott Berry short box and Legacy mouth calls.
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

Triple Gobble

To ozark870 that's not what I asked, I didn't
Ask what your #1 call was on a given day, I ask
What your #1 call you have used to call in the most
Turkeys over your turkey hunting days.
Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

turkey stew

SS Custom scratcher has fooled many late season gobblers!

maytom

Combo of three calls, start the game with either a box or a pot call, then usually finish it with a Knight & Hale half moon cutter mouth call.

M,Yingling

between fall and spring birds the old lynch box was the death of many birds ,,,bad thing is killed a bird jumped up side rail broke on it lol ,,, call did well for 20 years ,,, now its either the copper call or titanium bringing  them in 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Fan Club

I wish I could name some fancy custom call, but my # 1 for almost 20 years has been the Knight & Hale Pocket Puppy pot call. Sla-Tek (ceramic) smaller 3 " version of their Old Yeller pot. Something about the smaller size produces frequencies that drive gobblers nuts and pisses off the hens too. I stepped on and broke my original a few years back so I'm now on number two. Still have a third in reserve as they stopped making them a long time ago. My favorite mouth call is a Primos Cuttin' Hen for clucks and finishing calls.

"Really, it's just like a musical instrument. If I'd have spent the same amount of time practicin' the piano as I have practicin' turkey calls, I'd be as good as Liberace."  Ben Rogers Lee

Gooserbat

A mouth call of sorts
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

triune

I've used a box call that has butternut on the left and sassafras on the right, for the past 13 years, that has seen a kill or two.  Not stuck on one particular call, this one just seems to be the one.  (With a walnut paddle) 

Cutt

Quote from: Triple Gobble on March 30, 2016, 08:08:14 PM

What call have you
Used to put the most ol toms in the back of
The truck. 

My finish call scratch pause scratch scratch

boatpaddle

A Gulvas mouthcall......
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

vt35mag

Primos Heartbreaker boxcall. 

It is the only mass produced turkey call I have left in my vest.  Seen it many times where it was the only thing that could pry their beaks open and get them to gobble.

Westernmassman

Old Adventure slate call with even older Quaker Boy Maple striker. Have lots of other calls but thats my confidence call combo for the past 15 years.

shaman

#1 is probably my own Shamanic slate over glass pot call.  I make them for the family.

#2 is my Heirloom (Brian Warner)  double barrel slate/glass

I've never seen anything else like it.

#3 is a barnwood box by Mountainside Game calls.

An honorable mention goes to my Quaker Boy Grand Old Master. It was my go-to call for decades.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries  of SW Bracken County, KY 
Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer