OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your #1

Started by Triple Gobble, March 30, 2016, 08:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Gobble

I'm sure this had been asked many times
Before, but here it goes.  What call have you
Used to put the most ol toms in the back of
The truck. 

Mine has been a Woodhaven Cherry Slate :bible:
Live your life through Jesus, and life begins!!!!

Happy

Can't say as I have a hands down winner. Called in a bunch with an old power crystal, a mad aluminator and a slew of different diaphrams but I never kept track of how many on every call. Have mainly custom and semi custom calls this year so I guess I am kinda starting over.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

SteelerFan

Can't give you a particular winner, but it would be diaphragm call of some sort. (Up until last year, I changed types and brands more than socks!). Historically I've been a 90% mouth call, 7% pot call, 3% box. I'm fixin' to change that... lol

TauntoHawk

I switch up calls a lot from year to year. I think in a single season my best calls have been 5 called in with a houndstooth cherry ceramic in a season and 4 with a SS scratch box

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yoder409

It's very rare that I use any one call to work a bird start to finish.  But over the years there have been two calls that go with me ALL THE TIME and both have witnessed countless slayings:

Hally Caller Deluxe boxcall
A walnut pot slate over glass of my own making
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

WillowRidgeCalls

I have 4 calls that never leave my vest, in the past 8-10 years my go to cherry Death Wish, my coffee over walnut Gibson, my Sassy/Cedar short box and my PH over Cherry Teaser. I'll use other calls some days , but those 4 calls are my go to calls.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

AndyH

I've probably killed the majority of mine using a Paul Butski Spring shadow mouth call

gergg

Over the past 35 years I have probably killed 90% on diaphragms, the rest on pots. Just got bored with using diaphragms for some reason so I started messing with scratch boxes. I have built a bunch in the shop which is so much fun and the sound coming out of these little things is so realistic I can't put them down.....they are my new favorite and I have been using them on public land with great success over the past several seasons. I love building and tuning the scratchers, so that is surely part of the allure for me.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Terry

Quote from: SteelerFan on March 30, 2016, 09:07:06 PM
Can't give you a particular winner, but it would be diaphragm call of some sort. (Up until last year, I changed types and brands more than socks!). Historically I've been a 90% mouth call, 7% pot call, 3% box. I'm fixin' to change that... lol
Same here

tha bugman

Primos True Double mouthcall

Spitten and drummen

I kill turkeys consistently year after year with a box call. I use every other type call and have good success but you can count on an least one bird dying by my boxcall every year.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

BBD

Like many have already said, I go through mouth calls to fast to keep up but there are a couple calls that I know have made quite a few flop, first and foremost being a Quaker Boy Easy Yelper push pull. I use it as a finisher more than another else. Name says it all, easy one hand operation for those soft subtle clucks and purrs.  I've got a Primos Hot Box that has been getting used more and more with positive results.  For the first 15 years I used a mouth call 95% of the time. 

KentuckyHeadhunter

This beat up, worn out old Lonnie Mabry box call has been the death of many for me.  I can't replace in my vest.  It's PH and Spanish Cedar.  It has always made the sound I want and it rarely let's me down.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Dr Juice

QB Grand Slam box call.

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: tha bugman on March 31, 2016, 11:45:15 AM
Primos True Double mouthcall
X2 I have killed more gobblers with this call than any other. :smiley-char092:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!