News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hardest kicking shell?

Started by agent eight seven O, March 30, 2016, 08:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Quote from: Longshanks on March 30, 2016, 08:40:05 AM
Nitro 3.5, Win HV 3.5, Hevi 13 Magblend 3.5.
x5000000 hit the nail on the head
Feathers Fear Me

FL-Boss

Those 12GA 3.5in Black Winchester shells ... man those would knock the fire out of you. I have shot them all, and that shell really rocked your brain.

I hated to pattern them, I would get a tear in eye for the anticipated pain before I pulled the trigger.  And all of that was out of a gas operated 11-87... I could only imagine a pump or single shot.

trkehunr93

I wonder if there is a way to measure the amount of force from the recoil.  Would love to know in numbers the abuse our shoulders take.

gobbler74

3.5" 12 ga nitro h517 in an h&r single shot weighing 5.8 lbs.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

teke

Winchester H.V. without a doubt. They will loosen teeth

Happy

If I remember correctly it was reported that a 3.5" turkey load has more recoil than a .458

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

sevetts

Great thread, I've smiled a lot reading these. I remember the one time I shot a BPS 10, not sure the shell mattered. My vote goes to black win supreme 3 1/2 2oz #5 at 1300fps out of an 870 super. The only time I felt the recoil while actually shooting at a turkey. The sad thing was 3" shells would out shoot the 3 1/2's

cljohnson24

Quote from: trkehunr93 on March 31, 2016, 02:23:55 PM
I wonder if there is a way to measure the amount of force from the recoil.  Would love to know in numbers the abuse our shoulders take.
There is:
http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmrecoil-5.1.cgi

FWIW- (Hevi Mag Blend)3"/2oz(874gr+25gr wad/components)@1200fps in a scoped Win 1300(weighed @7.5# with mounted scope) generates 60# of free recoil.

The 3.5" /2.25oz  Mag blend in 7.5# gun is insane at 76# of free recoil.

Here are some rifle #'s for comparison:)

http://www.chuckhawks.com/recoil_table.htm

yella yelper

So those dang mag blends I was shooting DO kick harder than a 50 BMG.  74>70 WOW

870supermagnum

About the time I bought my 870 Supermagnum Remington introduced their Hevi-Shot shells, and they were the talk of the town.  So I bought two boxes (ten shells in each) in 3.5" #6 and went out to pattern them in my new gun.  I could only stand it for ten shots.  My shoulder was yellow and purple for two weeks after that session.  I put twenty years in the Marines and know how to shot a gun to minimize recoil, but that was punishment.  I immediately installed a Knoxx Spec Ops Recoil Reducing Stock and a Limbsaver recoil pad.  I currently shoot Winchester Extended Range HD 3.5" # 6 or Hevi-13 3.5" #7 without any pain.

kdsberman

I know my 2 7-16oz Nitros kick unbelievably hard.  Not fun to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland48

Any of the 12 gauge turkey loads hurt! Lol. I'm so spoiled shooting the 20 gauge now I prolly wouldn't survive touching off a 12 haha

Ihunteverything

Anyone ever shoot a remingtion hypersonic steel shell. Holy cow ????

sixbird

3 1/2" Fiocchi...They put evil in those damned things!
I gave a few to a friend. He tried to give 'em back...He calls them "Ferocchi's"

tha bugman

10 ga in my H&R