turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey witha pistol .410 Judge

Started by chadly, March 28, 2016, 02:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaron

I am kind of surprised at the backlash to this.   This gentleman patterned his legal weapon, determined his maximum killing range, and he stuck to it.   that turkey was stone dead with a legal weapon.  Kudos to him! 

Gobble!

Its legal so good for him. Not my style but I don't care how others hunt.

turkey harvester

I think it would be pretty cool to do myself. Up close and personal and result was a dead turkey.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

trkehunr93

Quote from: gobblegobblegobble on March 30, 2016, 09:33:07 AM
If he were sitting against an old oak tree and shot that gobbler at 2.5 yards with an 870, no one would say a word about it, LOL.

You make a good point.  Still think what he did was foolish and purely for showmanship and now leaves an impression with young beginner hunters who are all over youtube and view it that this is an acceptable method of killing a turkey.  They fail to mention that they are doing this on a piece of property that has a target rich environment and has tightly regulated hunter numbers.  Willing to bet he wasn't doing this on a piece of public ground.  Its realtree so you know they are using an outfitters property, hunting TV wouldn't be viewed much if they had to do it where the average hunters goes.

Quote from: Gobble! on March 30, 2016, 08:30:52 AM
Its legal so good for him. Not my style but I don't care how others hunt.

I for one DO CARE how others hunt because I would like to come home without a bullet wound or shotgun pellets in my body or dead.  We should all care about how others hunt, I have a family that would like for me to come home each day.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

RutnNStrutn

I've always wanted to try reaping as they call it. Looks like it would be incredibly exciting to get that close to a longbeard and then take him. At least the guy found his range and stuck to it. Dead bird. I enjoyed watching the video.
For those of you that have been around here a while, you know my opinion when it comes to differing techniques. If it's legal, and it makes you happy, go for it!! What I find ethical, others may not. What I find enjoyable, others may not. What methods I choose to employ, others may not. Don't like it? Then don't do it!! Pretty simple!

D-roy

I'm confused? You guys get bent out of shape when someone shoots a bird at 60 yards, but someone shoots one at 3 and there's the same outrage? What's wrong at all with letting one get in your lap. I like to get them in close. I don't see the ethics issue. It's kind of the same deal as hunting with a rifle and shooting a deer at 200 vs a bow and shooting a deer at 30. As long as it's an ethical weapon and hunter, who cares? Congratulations to the guy.