OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey witha pistol .410 Judge

Started by chadly, March 28, 2016, 02:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilbucksndux

Gary Bartlow

Dr Juice

Greg Massey

Not for me...20 ga. is as small as i'm going...

tomstopper

SteelerFan

???  Maybe someone else on the Realtree crew will "man up" and just grab the next one with bare hands...

trkehunr93

He could've just punched the gobbler in the face.  Maybe next time he'll use a sling shot.  PATHETIC!!!!!

Tail Feathers

That was self defense!
Honestly, he patterned his gun, knew his maximum range and made a fast, ethical kill.

2.5 yards ain't much of a range, but he held to it.  I'm not a fan of reaping, but that was impressive.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Old Gobbler

Let me spin you a story from about 20 years ago ......I was walking back to camp while bow hunting , I ran into a unwanted friend of a friends nephew , I walked up from behind him On a trail going through a clearing ( name withheld) was chucking arrows  from a hundred yards away at a fallen oak tree stump ...several arrows ......I go " censored name , what the ---- are you doing ? He replied " I'm shooting at that hog right there " ....I go that's a tree stump you dumb  ....and I walked away ....that was the last time I ever hunted that area , and even remotely associated with anybody who was friends with anybody from that camp

how long until someone holding a gobbler decoy in their left arm runs into a person like that ?

There's idiots out there , look how many voted for Obama , I rest my case
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

wvmntnhick

I'll agree with that but I must say, that was still impressive. I'm betting they're on some high fence patrolled farm that is a bit selective about who's in camp that week. Maybe not but I'd bet that to be the case.

chadly

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 28, 2016, 05:47:06 PM

There's idiots out there , look how many voted for Obama , I rest my case

LOL.  Twice actually. 

kcrebel

Quite a paradox some of you guys are....
He patterned his gun.  Knew it's limits and held to it.  I say awesome job.  Who am i or anyone else for that matter to tell him what is ethical and what is not? 
Too close.  Too far.   :z-dizzy:
Some of you guys need to spend more time in the woods with the rest of us that hunt vs patronizing us with your own predetermined limits. 

taylorjones20

It was fun to watch.  That's up close and personal! lol
Alive only by the Grace Of God

jed clampett

Lol...i have a had a .410 judge...i shot it quite a bit it was 3 in...that would be about as far as I would shoot a turkey with it...it would not be for me lol

SteelerFan

Quote from: kcrebel on March 28, 2016, 11:56:17 PM
Quite a paradox some of you guys are....
He patterned his gun.  Knew it's limits and held to it.  I say awesome job.  Who am i or anyone else for that matter to tell him what is ethical and what is not? 
Too close.  Too far.   :z-dizzy:
Some of you guys need to spend more time in the woods with the rest of us that hunt vs patronizing us with your own predetermined limits.

My quandary is more with the methodology in which he makes the kill. A few more steps and a baseball bat would have sufficed. Ethical? That is to be determined within your own boundaries. At what point does it move from ethical harvest of game to a gimmick?

I agree, he was responsible enough to establish an effective lethal limit of his choice of weapon, and he stuck to it, and was within his legal right to do so; therefore I won't judge him on that. Is it more or less offensive than the hunter that excitedly claims a 70 yard kill with a shotgun? I would say "no".  And let's face it, dead is dead.

Patronizing?? No, just more of a comment. We hunt also...
:camohat: