OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey #2 and my Florida season is over

Started by TURKEYWHACKER, March 27, 2016, 08:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEYWHACKER

On my third trip to the woods this season I got it done just 15 minutes after shooting light. Slipped into a spot I had saved on the ol GPS that is located on a central Florida WMA. Popped open the Gobbler Lounger, set up the Avian X and waited for the action I hoped would follow. On my second set of tree yelps a bird sounded off from the roost. About 10 minutes later I tree yelped and flydown cackled. Goooooooble :gobble: He was on the ground and close. Was shifting in my chair when two gobblers came in from my right. The lead bird busted me, putted and turned to leave. In short, tight patterns and awkward shooting position caused a clean miss. I rolled onto my knees, shucked in a fresh shell, found the back of his departing head in the scope at 25 yards and BOOM. #2 dirt napping. One Eastern and one Osceola in three days hunting.
16.5lbs
8 7/8" beard
Rt spur 1 1/8"
Lt spur 1"
Score: 55.5

tomstopper

Nice one. Congrats on a great Florida season

OldSchool

That's the difference between a turkey hunter and a turkey shooter right there. Keeping it together and  getting it done when the pressure is on. Nice bird, congrats!! :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

cramerhunts

Drthorn

congrats...i have 10 more days to go, then I'll be in Oklahoma chasing after some rios.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

kyturkeyhunter4

mgm1955

steveo

Nice! Good recovery after a miss ! Congrats

alloutdoors

g8rvet

Very nice.  Do you hunt SC too? 

I have not heard much gobbling up our way, been rainy and wet every day I could hunt except one.  Killed one on opener.  Was working one on public and he crossed to the other side of the creek and we heard the shot.  Only gobbling bird I have set up on.  They are gobbling well up here, just not on the days I can hunt.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

owlhoot

Dr Juice

Nice and congrats.

Sent from my thunder chicken slaying machine!