OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

You closest call?

Started by Cutt, March 26, 2016, 07:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldSchool

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 27, 2016, 08:01:16 PM
I would have to say the time I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock and then got up left the house at 4:30am to go turkey hunting.  My wife almost shot me that time. :TooFunny:

When our alarm clock goes off during turkey season, especially later in season when I get up at 3:30, mine just says "you're crazy", rolls over and goes back to sleep.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

hotspur

Was walking out of the woods on a trail that zig zagged before coming out on a pipeline, when I rounded the corner there was a guy standing ten feet in front of me with a bow a full drawn pointed at me. I was scared stiff, couldn't  talk and thought I was gonna see an arrow go into my chest

shaneb

When I was in high school, me and my dad were hunting a field bird together.  We were together most of the hunt but the bird was moving back and forth from us.  Dad decided to move through the woods to where he could get on the other side of him. After about 30 minutes, the turkey gobbled what sounded like 300 yards or further away from me.  I took this opportunity to get in the field and walk up to a large oak tree in that field.  What I didn't know was the field made an L shape and the bird went around it.  Dad shot about the time I got to that oak tree.  The pellets hit all around me after coming through a grown up fence row.  Major lesson learned by me.  I never told dad how close I was to him when he shot.  I will not EVER separate on a hunt again unless we are hunting 2 different blocks of woods.

ilbucksndux

It was not turkey hunting,but a few years ago we were deer hunting private land. My son had shot a deer and we were tracking it thru some thick brush. I topped a ridge and hears zoooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm then BOOM a small tree feet from me broke,before I could hit the ground I heard it again, this time hitting a tree beside me. The boys were already on the ground and I started yelling. Eventually someone yelled back. It was one of the other guys that hunted the property. He said he saw the deer my son had shot run up right around there and fall. He thought when he heard the noise and saw the brush moving the deer had got back up and he was gonna out it down for us. I was still shaking and I was so mad I could not speak. I eventually worked it up and told him EXACTLY what I thought about him and his "sound shot" as he called it. I said words that my kids have never even heard from me before,and if they were not there would have probably punched the guy I was so mad. He left that morning and I never saw him on the property again.
Gary Bartlow