OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SC double

Started by CoachHunter, March 26, 2016, 11:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoachHunter

7 hens flew right into setup. Now follow me here and let me know if I'm giving them too much credit or not. One of these birds saw all of this happening about 150 yards away. He runs to the opposite side of the field. 5 minutes later he comes back with his buddy. Did this bird really go get backup to fight a jake decoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Using strutters a few years back, some toms would back off. 2 or 3 toms had no trouble coming in to whop the decoy. The toms that came in , especially for a one on one fair fight had long spurs and were older more dominant  birds. Two year old ? Or less dominant shied away.
Tried a primos b mobile and a jake mobile in setups in creek bottom and field edge for visibility. With these two out toms would not come close.
Yes i think he did get a buddy. Or the two dealt with each other first and were close in dominance so buddied up to get to the hens and run junior off.
Are they long-spurs or 2 year olds?

Congrats on your birds  :icon_thumright:

CoachHunter

One was a 2 year old. I was going to let him go and shoot the older more dominant bird. Once I shot the bigger bird,he turned around to beat him up some as he is flopping around, so I took him out too. Either way, it was my first double ever and an exciting hunt no doubt. Definitely one I will remember. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchool

And a double congrats!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: I hope you didn't have to carry them far.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Kwgoke

That's pretty awesome! Congrats!

alloutdoors

harpj1972

Hookinembig

Awesome birds. The best thing is he went to get back up.

mgm1955

Nice double! Congrats!

Strick9

Atta boy, gettin it done!
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

M,Yingling

Nice Birds ...Congrats
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

hookedspur

:icon_thumright:  congrats on a great double.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Nice birds. Congrats....

kyturkeyhunter4

cramerhunts

How cool is that, very awesome and congratulations.