OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kentucky youth season

Started by OLE RASPY, April 01, 2011, 08:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

Is tommorow is anybody gonna take a youth hunting.I am and i am pumped about it.Taking my 15 year old nephew.

Turkeyfan

I will be taking my 8 year old daughter tomorrow. I cant wait. I wish everyone luck.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

Go get 'em , boys..Good luck.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

TURKEYSLAYER101

Hope you kill limbhangers!   :anim_25:

TURKEYSLAYER 101
Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!

Turkeyfan

We had 6 Jake's come in and she choose not to shoot. She said I am holding out for a long beard. I said are you sure and she said I am sure daddy. Going to give it a go this afternoon.

jake slayer

kylongbeards

Good luck to all and I will be headed out in the morning with my son. :fud:
Proudly providing the american turkey with a quick humane way of leavin this world ...and providin a good ole head stomp to finish the job !

Hevi-shot prostaff
DND Outdoors prostaff

vaturkey

Good luck to the younguns in Kentucky tomorrow ! :icon_thumright:

:newmascot:
Vaturkey

OLE RASPY

Well i would say we had a awsome day but no bird.Had a good time and my nephew did to.It was awsome to be his first hunt.Long story short we set up in between 5 gobblers gobbling on roost this morning and about 30 hens. At daylight a few hens started tree hopping and all birds finally flew down but the gobblers stayed bout 200 yards from us.They would answer my calling bout every 30 minutes until bout 9:00.Then they shut up all together.From 9:00 to 11:00 we set up on these gobblers 4 times.2 gobblers had 20 hens with them.Its hard to move when the person your with hasnt ever been hunting  :lol: but it worked out i told him to stay right behind me and when i got low he got low and the we did some crawling to.Finally the last move, the 2 gobblers came in to 20 yards and he shot at the first one and missed shot right over top of him and both flew.So he gave them a follow up shot at about 40 yards in flight didnt do no good. :lol: Anyway i told him it was ok.He was really mad.We left and got something to eat about 12:00 and waited till 3;00 to go back and had one gobbler gobble 1 time and that was it.Never even saw that gobbler but we spotted one in the field at roost time so we got some birds roosted for in the morning.All and all it was a great hunt with alot of action.These birds are still bunch up and with several hens maybe it will work out in the morning.

RutnNStrutn

Sounds like an action packed morning anyway!! I'll bet he's hooked now!!