OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris Fastfire III

Started by redlegs, March 24, 2016, 12:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redlegs

Is anyone using this sight and if so what is your opinion of it?  I have been doing some research and have heard complaints of fogging on wet or humid mornings as well as brightness on sunny days.

backwater

In my opinion, great product.
Go down to the gun pages under sights and optics.  Tons of info on red dots.

mudhen

Been using FFs for many years with no problems...FF III recently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

reynolds243

Been running one in my Sbe2 for a few years and now on my M2 20 as well. Love them so much I wouldn't buy a gun I couldn't put a speedbead mount in these days as silly as that sounds

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

Fieldturkey

I put them on two guns this year and can't imagine not having them now

kevin2

I didn't care for mine. Just to much messing with the sight window. I prefer a straight up scope OR just old school sights, maybe some fiber optics to dress it up a bit.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

spaightlabs

Quote from: kevin2 on March 24, 2016, 06:01:25 PM
I didn't care for mine. Just to much messing with the sight window. I prefer a straight up scope OR just old school sights, maybe some fiber optics to dress it up a bit.

Same here - I went back to just the good old bead.  Works just dandy at the yardages at which I shoot turkeys.

Farmboy27

I used one last year because my new gun was shooting so far off poa.  The sight worked great and I had no issues with brightness (shot a bird on an open ridge top late morning on a sunny day).  The battery life is great and it held zero through some rough hunting.  Very well made sight.  That said, I hate raising my cheek off the stock when I shoot.  I've had it drilled in my head every since I could hold a gun that your cheek belongs on the stock.  Although the sight works great and is in my mind a quality sight, I just can't get comfortable without a solid cheek weld!  Just crazy I guess!! 

reynolds243

Quote from: Farmboy27 on March 24, 2016, 07:01:40 PM
I used one last year because my new gun was shooting so far off poa.  The sight worked great and I had no issues with brightness (shot a bird on an open ridge top late morning on a sunny day).  The battery life is great and it held zero through some rough hunting.  Very well made sight.  That said, I hate raising my cheek off the stock when I shoot.  I've had it drilled in my head every since I could hold a gun that your cheek belongs on the stock.  Although the sight works great and is in my mind a quality sight, I just can't get comfortable without a solid cheek weld!  Just crazy I guess!!

Agreed. 2 options I found

1 use a speedbead which is the best option in my opinion but limited in guns it fits

2 use a 336 base and get a shotgun wedge from God-a-grip. Great cheek riser and is very soft. It also looks great on the gun unlike most of the other cheek riser options out there. I used one on my sbe2 and they are awesome

Sent from my phone sucka

Blackduck

Love it, with a speedbead mount. Can't be beat.

That said, I have a second gun with just the factory beads for rainy days. Rain turns the fastfire into a windshield without wipers. Not much good with precipitation. I've always wondered if anyone has come up with a solution for this???

Snoodsniper

Best thing I've ever done to my turkey gun and I've done a lot.

reynolds243

Quote from: Blackduck on March 24, 2016, 07:51:31 PM
Love it, with a speedbead mount. Can't be beat.

That said, I have a second gun with just the factory beads for rainy days. Rain turns the fastfire into a windshield without wipers. Not much good with precipitation. I've always wondered if anyone has come up with a solution for this???

I use rain x on it and then use the rain cover it comes with. I take the cover off as late as possible before shooting and the rain x works long enough to not be an issue. With the speed bead I can still use my front bead anyways so I always have a back up

Sent from my phone sucka

Full strut

I use a FF2. The 3 is only an improvement on a already fantastic product. Can't beat a lifetime warranty  :icon_thumright:

Bowguy

Quote from: Farmboy27 on March 24, 2016, 07:01:40 PM
I haven't used a red dot but that's exactly my concern

Bowguy

My brother uses an anti fog spray used for skiers goggles. He's never had a problem since