turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris Fastfire III

Started by redlegs, March 24, 2016, 12:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

IMO, the best red dot for turkey guns out there!
I have an FFII on my sons shotgun, and an FFIII on mine.
Love'm! Light, tiny, and tough as a tank!

Ol timer

Love mine gets you on target faster, more accurate than just a plain bead. only thing is you got to remember is to turn it on.

TauntoHawk

I have a fast fire II and love it, I'm setting up a 20 for my wife and thought about trying a vortex venom but the fast fire III was on sale so I got that. I could never go back to the bead sight again
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rpinks

I run a ff2 one my 935 and ff3 on benelli. Concerning cheek pad I cut and put some pipe covering on top of stock like you would use on a roll bar. Then I cut some mole skin and stretch over it. Works great for raising my cheek to line with site. Believe I read that on this site several years ago.
Thanks, RP

DirtNap647

best site for me...those who need better cheek weld check out....(god a grip) he makes all kinds of cheek pads etc...

sixbird

Been using one for a few years on my SBE II. Bought the medium height cheek piece from Benelli (way pricey but nice installation). Gives good cheek weld and the sight (FF III) is phenomenal for everything I ask of it. Never looses zero. Dot is always visible. Easy to operate and battery life is LONG! When you put that little dot on a turkeys' head it's lights out! I've hunted in the rain with it and it's fine. I just keep it covered with a shirt or jacket (usually just pull my jacket over it as it rests in my lap). Light/dark backgrounds don't make much difference. Keep it in "auto" brightness mode and it takes care of everything for you. I haven't had any trouble keeping it in second intensity mode and using it like that in varying light conditions. I honestly couldn't imagine a better sighting device. It's small, light and durable. What more could you ask? Oh, and the warranty...PERFECT!

Timmer

I hunted last year with mine in the cold, snow, and rain with the rain cover on and it worked well.   While I did have inevitable droplets of moisture  I didn't have any fogging issues.  I also have the extra protective frame.  With that I struggled to turn it on when wearing heavy gloves.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!