turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

David Halloran Twisted Sister OR?!?!?

Started by Last Frontier Hunter, March 23, 2016, 04:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Frontier Hunter

Looking at getting a new pot call, I have been reading up on the twisted sister and from the sounds of it, everyone loves it. Is there another company or pot call that I should look at? Something close to the twisted sister?

scoot12

Brad Roberts zebrawood bronze glass over aluminum,  another choice would be the SS crystal heat.  Scoot

yelpaholic

for the money no... maybe a talkin stick ballistic crystal.. or outlaw hen from sneed

vt35mag

I have the twisted sister and really dig it. If you are thinking of something else in crystal my vote would be Andy Kaisers GS1. I run mine with a purple heart striker and it screams. It is crystal over purple heart in a curly maple pot. I know the crystal mistress is well liked too, but I have no experience with it.

spurz

Not a crystal but David's double glass is becoming my favorite and I have all his crystal calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankyorke

If you only want 1 glass/crystal call I'd go with the CM.  If you want 2, I'd go with the TS & something clean. 

I've had both the CM & TS.  I kept the TS because I felt they were close enough to get rid of one, and I also had a really clean/clear (no rasp) glass call in the vest already.  With those two calls and some different strikers I feel I can cover the spectrum of sound I need to make to be successful.

Footballer

Get the Crystal Mistress. It's a killer!

chefrific

Quote from: Footballer on March 23, 2016, 09:40:18 PM

^^That, but fellas, Halloran's metal mouth crystal is unbelievable.  I have the Crystal Mistress, the twisted sister and the metal mouth.  There is just something about the metal mouth crystal.  And David needs to take the video/sound file of that call down.  Does it no justice.  If I have time, I'll post up a sound file of the metal mouth later today.
Lot of good calls mentioned here.  Heck... get them all.  There is no such thing as too many calls.

spiggy2

I would recommend Sadler's Hybrid Crystal as an alternative. It's a great call
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: scoot12 on March 23, 2016, 05:07:17 PM
Brad Roberts zebrawood bronze glass over aluminum,  another choice would be the SS crystal heat.  Scoot
this right here. you cannot go wrong with these suggestions.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

TauntoHawk

the twisted sister is an excellent call, i've used mine a bunch

there are a ton of great glass/crystal calls to consider the best place to start is decide how long you can/are willing to wait and how much you want to pay/afford. You can wait 2 weeks or 2 years depending on the maker and you can spend $50-100

David Halloran, Jimmy Schaffer, SS Customs, and Hanks game calls have some good ones that you can usually get fast turn around times on. Not sure what Brad Roberts wait is be he certainly has some great options.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

Houndstooth.  I played it the other day...amazing

Bowguy

Second that

goblr77

The Twisted Sister and Crystal Mistress are both great calls that you can get your hands on easily without having to wait. Kimmy Hanks makes a Zebrawood glass over aluminum in the same price range that you'll be able to get within a couple weeks of your order. Lonzo makes good glass and crystal calls. I would go with one of those unless you want to wait a very long time on someone's list.

goblr77

Quote from: chefrific on March 24, 2016, 05:45:08 AM

^^That, but fellas, Halloran's metal mouth crystal is unbelievable.  I have the Crystal Mistress, the twisted sister and the metal mouth.  There is just something about the metal mouth crystal.  And David needs to take the video/sound file of that call down.  Does it no justice.  If I have time, I'll post up a sound file of the metal mouth later today.
Lot of good calls mentioned here.  Heck... get them all.  There is no such thing as too many calls.

Glad to hear that. I have a metal mouth on the way.