OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thermacell pads/butane cartridges... What say you?

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 23, 2016, 03:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

is it a safe bet to pack two (2) Thermacell pads for every one (1) butane cartridge? Trying to get a bag packed that I can leave in my truck for the length of the season. I will probably know in advance when I am hunting, but you never know what might come up...

Anyways, two pads for every one cartridge sound about right?

drenalinld

born2hunt

If I think I need 2, I'll pack 6...Won't be caught without it..
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

fountain2

I don't know how I hunted without them years back.  Id but 2 or 3 packs now.  I save all my empty butane bottles and refill them

BowBendr

Wish they'd sell the pads separately...

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

Stoner

Live in Florida where the bugs can get bad, one pad and butane cartridge will last the entire season for me.

Marc

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

ChiefBubba

Always have a couple pads with me and at least one cartrage. I even carry a spare Thermocell in the truck with extra everything. As wet as its been this past winter I've needed it. This year while looking around Wally World they had a big can of Camp spray I think it's called. It's for spraying around your camp ground and I figured why not. When I get to my morning setup I first thing after firing up the Thermocell I spray all around. Then stand back in the dark and give it a couple of minutes. Seems to work good. Chief

Hookinembig

aaron.haverfield@gmail.co

After one of my hunts last year here in Illinois, I say pack everything you have. I forgot my in the car when I was out to last the night before, and I paid for it. The Gnats were so bad you could see the outline of my underarmour mask on my face from the bits. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

born2hunt

Quote from: Stoner on March 23, 2016, 04:07:39 PM
Live in Florida where the bugs can get bad, one pad and butane cartridge will last the entire season for me.
Either you use it very little or you have one heck of an efficient unit. I go thru a bottle and 2-3 or so pads in about 6 hours of hunting. One of mine burns a little hotter than the other but it's worth it on a warm morning in the swamp.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

outdoors

I USE ONE NOW IF I REMEMBER TO PACK IT , IVE ALWAYS HUNTED WITHOUT OUT ONE
THEY DO. WORK MINE HAS A HOLSTER / 2 BOTTLES AND 6 PADS 
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Gobspur

wmn2

I always have two cartridges and 4-6 pads. I've never burned through a whole cartridge in a day. I average 2 pads per cartridge but sometimes more sometimes less so that's why I carry more pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk