turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NY:Someting to Get Your Blood Pumping

Started by tomstopper, March 22, 2016, 09:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Some pics from my trail cam. Cant wait for the season to start. Hopefully on youth weekend my nephew can get on of these.

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

mikejd

tomstopper

These pics are just inside the edge of my wifes grandmothers yard into the treeline where there is a large bird feeder that the squirrels destroy daily so the turkeys just keep coming to mop up whats on the ground (before any one asks, I don't hunt over these either. Her property is 50 acres and they roost about 500 yards up the hill and I try to get to within 75 yards of that tree generally).

owlhoot

JK Spurs

I like my turkey well peppered

Txnimrod

Nice crop of birds. Seems like forever until 1May :(

OldSchool

Yep, that'll do it. Nice bunch of birds, thanks. Good luck with em. :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Dr Juice

Quote from: tomstopper on March 22, 2016, 09:27:10 PM
Some pics from my trail cam. Cant wait for the season to start. Hopefully on youth weekend my nephew can get on of these.
Hey ... that looks like my hunting club property  :TooFunny:

Hookinembig

Good luck this season. Looks like you have some nice ones to choose from.

mikejd

Quote from: tomstopper on March 22, 2016, 09:43:26 PM
These pics are just inside the edge of my wifes grandmothers yard into the treeline where there is a large bird feeder that the squirrels destroy daily so the turkeys just keep coming to mop up whats on the ground (before any one asks, I don't hunt over these either. Her property is 50 acres and they roost about 500 yards up the hill and I try to get to within 75 yards of that tree generally).

I was wondering what made them like that spot so much.

tomstopper

Quote from: mikejd on March 23, 2016, 09:13:30 PM
Quote from: tomstopper on March 22, 2016, 09:43:26 PM

I was wondering what made them like that spot so much.
All of her neighbors have had problems with them. They will tear up an area and especially when they have help from coons, blue jays, crows, and even deer. They all visit that area and tear it up. The worst is the neighbors who have feeders right in their yards. The grass is all tore up. I should start convincing them that they need to let me reduce the populations on their lands....  ;D

mgm1955

turkaholic

Yes that get things flowing!  Good to see after a poor year last year, at least in my area. What part of NY are you in ? I have a camp outside of Cobbleskill and gobbles were tough to find last spring. That is a sign of a good hatch right there.  Can't wait , boiling point approaching.
live to hunt hunt to live

tomstopper

Quote from: turkaholic on March 24, 2016, 08:30:18 PM
Yes that get things flowing!  Good to see after a poor year last year, at least in my area. What part of NY are you in ? I have a camp outside of Cobbleskill and gobbles were tough to find last spring. That is a sign of a good hatch right there.  Can't wait , boiling point approaching.
Corning NY in Steuben county. Last year was rough but this winter has helped them out. The flocks on our hunting grounds has increased and a lot of guys I know are telling me that they are seeing a lot too. Should be a good season. Good luck to everyone.