OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New turkey calls

Started by Twf0004, March 22, 2016, 12:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twf0004

I ended up having my truck broke in to and had everything stolen including all my calls and gear just in time for turkey season. Perfect. So now I'm in the market for some new calls and I want to hear some suggestions everyone has for a box call, slate, and mouth calls. Thanks in advanced for everyone's response.

scoot12

that stinks,  pm me your address and I wills send you a call on me.  Scoot

SwampRooster17

That's SUCKS! I'm sorry to hear that. If ur looking for a box I would go with SS custom calls Al and Josh make a heck of a box. I've been running both gooserbat and hooks diaphragms calls this year and I really like both! I've got 2 pots that's have been seeing a lot of time in the wood and they are the loftis crystal screamer and a lights out slate in a oak pot. I like both a lot but what I like about the screamer is that it's pot is made from corian so you don't have to worry about that pot getting wet and you can play the back side for some toned down yelps clucks and purrs.

packmule

Quote from: scoot12 on March 22, 2016, 12:55:56 PM

Amazing offer Scoot!!!

Twf, sorry to hear about your loss.  Hooks makes VERY good mouth calls that are super affordable.  Rohm brothers or Spring Creek are some of the less expensive box calls that sound very good. 

Twf0004

Yes many thanks and gratitude goes towards Scoot and thanks to the rest of you who have responded so quick. I actually just ordered 2 hook calls and am eager to try them out. On the bright side I was lucky enough to go out on opening while visiting my family in Florida, before my truck got cleaned out, and bagged a decent Osceola. Now I'm going to try my luck at an eastern here in Alabama (first time hunting for turkey in the state) and see how I do once I get my calls and gear back in order.

Spitten and drummen

Very generous offer scoot. That's what makes the world a better place. Good to see good people still around.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Another reason why American outdoorsman are a rare breed......thank you for going out of your way to help another :thanks:
Feathers Fear Me

Bowguy

I know you've already been commended by others but this is what it's all about. Great offer!

sbbow

VERY NICE SCOOT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgm1955

Quote from: Bowguy on March 22, 2016, 05:42:33 PM
I know you've already been commended by others but this is what it's all about. Great offer!
:agreed: :agreed: