OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Jealousy

Started by Jwall, March 22, 2016, 11:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwall

I am sitting here in TN and I am not sure I have ever been as jealous as I am right now. Its hard on me seeing people in surrounding states killing birds and we are still waiting another week and a half. What really frustrates me is that I am a teacher and my school districts spring break is always a week or so before the season opens. I guess that's what I get for working in a urban metropolitan district where the people in charge have their priorities wrong. If they were in the right mind they would check with TWRA and set spring break in conjunction with turkey season. Just my two cents.

357MAGNOLE

I feel you man.  I hate when the season is still 2 weeks out but you see strutters in the field already. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

cornfedkiller

Iowa season is a month out yet! Getting antsy!

OldSchool

I usually start getting pretty wound up about now and I'll admit that all the pictures add to it, but I've sure been enjoy them and the stories. The way I look at it, we get to share in everybody else's good times when we can't be out there ourselves.

I don't know where you're located, but lot of guys will be done and wishing they could still be hunting about the time we're starting here in NY, so it works both ways. ;) It's coming. :icon_thumright:

The vacation deal stinks. I agree, they should check with the hunters before making important decisions like that.

Bob

Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

TauntoHawk

ever thought about using spring break to head south and add another state on your list.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

buck_hunter21

Quote from: Jwall on March 22, 2016, 11:59:58 AM
Its hard on me seeing people in surrounding states killing birds and we are still waiting another week and a half.

I am over a month away.
Spill Blood

Jwall

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 22, 2016, 12:52:56 PM
ever thought about using spring break to head south and add another state on your list.

Yeah, my in-laws own some land in Mississippi on the Natchez Trace that I want to go hunt on next year. I've been working and doing grad school the last two years so I haven't had time to go and check it out. Look to going down there this summer to take a look around and plan for next year. Id really like to get down to Florida and get an Osceola

Jwall

Quote from: buck_hunter21 on March 22, 2016, 12:56:29 PM
Quote from: Jwall on March 22, 2016, 11:59:58 AM
Its hard on me seeing people in surrounding states killing birds and we are still waiting another week and a half.

I am over a month away.

I sure enough feel for you

Gobble!

Quote from: MDTOM84 on March 22, 2016, 01:07:11 PM
I'm 27 days a way from season here in Maryland

I'm with ya. I think PA is a week behind us as well.

tha bugman

I hope to go hunt Maryland one day on my way to PA and NY!

OldSchool

39 more days here.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

LI Outdoorsman

Rio Fan

Jwall-
I'm a teacher too.  Our spring break in Washington is the week before our season opener (April 15).  I'd sure love to use some of my summer vacation during turkey season!

wvmntnhick

We don't open until the 18th of April. I'm full on upset right now. I too am a public school teacher and our spring break is next week. I'm a bit upset about that as well. Been trying to get them to align it with the first week of turkey as well but they fight me on it every year.

Jwall

Quote from: Rio Fan on March 22, 2016, 02:33:06 PM
Jwall-
I'm a teacher too.  Our spring break in Washington is the week before our season opener (April 15).  I'd sure love to use some of my summer vacation during turkey season!

Man I feel ya. I wish I could trade my summer vacation and some of my fall vacation for the whole spring turkey season.