OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning New A5

Started by timberghost35, March 22, 2016, 01:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberghost35

Ok Guys,
   Anyone patterned a new Browning A5 yet? I just bought one and started patterning it the other day with a Patternmaster Code Black with 3 1/2 Mag Blends. At 30 yrds, the pattern was good, but was off to the right (more than likely my fault). Still plenty of pellets in the head of the target. Moved back to 40, and the pattern was little more erratic than I'd like. Ordered a new choke, and going to start over on Wed when I get back from scouting. Anyone have a A5 they are using and could point to a decent combo, fell free to help out. I'm open to all chokes and shot combos, but would like to stick with the Mag Blends due to having a ton of them.

forcercon1

I am working on a setup now myself. I purchased a Sumtoy choke from another user here and it shot Hevi 6's very well. With Pattern Master chokes I have in my other setups they would shoot Hevi & LB 5's very well. I have a Maxis with a Indian Creek choke that shoots the Mag blends well along with the 5's & 6 Hevi's. The bore diameter is the same I believe so that might be a start.

Let me know what you come up with and I will continue to share as I work with mine as well.

SCDieselDawg

I had one of the new model A5s.  It had a 28" barrel and 3" chamber.  I still have the pattern master that I bought for it.  It shot  mag blends really well. I also ran a Hevi 5 thru it, which went 120.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: timberghost35 on March 22, 2016, 01:17:10 AM
Ok Guys,
   Anyone patterned a new Browning A5 yet? I just bought one and started patterning it the other day with a Patternmaster Code Black with 3 1/2 Mag Blends. At 30 yrds, the pattern was good, but was off to the right (more than likely my fault). Still plenty of pellets in the head of the target. Moved back to 40, and the pattern was little more erratic than I'd like. Ordered a new choke, and going to start over on Wed when I get back from scouting. Anyone have a A5 they are using and could point to a decent combo, fell free to help out. I'm open to all chokes and shot combos, but would like to stick with the Mag Blends due to having a ton of them.
That's a very nice gun. Many of my readers are using the JEB's with excellent results. Most are shooting WLB or Hevi-13 shells with #6 shot and some are also shooting Magnum Blend shells.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."