turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Playing calls inside

Started by Flounder, March 21, 2016, 08:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flounder

Need some tips to convense wife that all turkey hunters wives let them play their call when setting in recliner after work.
I've tried purrs and really don't want to break out the Gobble box?

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Dr Juice

Give her the credit card and allow her to enjoy so you can get some valuable turkey call training. Of course, put a cap on her allowable expenditures :gobble:

JK Spurs

I like my turkey well peppered

WNCTracker

Better go ahead and put that recliner in the garage...

born2hunt

I play mine in my shop to avoid the comments..My shop is about 50 ft from the chicken coop where our pet gobbler is kept, and what a loyal ole bird he is, he cuts loose at every call I make !!! Gets me all exited hearing those gobbles before season starts. Way better than hearing the wife.. :TooFunny:
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

M Sharpe

Or, better yet, make her your hunting partner!!! You may lose a call or two, but in the end it will be worth it!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

mote1977

It's easier to just get rid of the wife , that's what I did. Now I can play calls whenever I feel like it.

jed clampett

Quote from: mote1977 on March 21, 2016, 10:20:28 PM
It's easier to just get rid of the wife , that's what I did. Now I can play calls whenever I feel like it.

.                 LOL....thats what I did years back...don't do no good...ready to get rid another..

Izzyjoe

I've found that I feel better calling in the woods, the sound to me is better. There's a 20 acre tract of land next to my house that I call my play ground. I fear the day that it gets developed! There's no turkeys on it, but there is deer sometimes.

Bowguy

Tell her your buddy is dating a buncha sorority chicks n you can go play there if she likes?

Flounder

After 3 I can't afford another! #3 has a lot of Turkey land..better keep her :z-winnersmiley:

Gooserbat

Unless it's after she goes to bed or before she wakes up mine don't say much. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Double B

We must be spoiled Sam, mine is OK with turkey calling in the house too.  When I go too far and start asking her which one sounds better.............OGturkeyhead:
Followed by buzzards

M Sharpe

From what I hear, using this tactic, it can be years before you even get enough money to buy any new calls!!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!