Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kansas Non-Resident turkey hunters: Get ready to PAY $185!!!

Started by busta biggun, March 21, 2016, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busta biggun

The cost to hunt spring turkeys for non-residents in Kansas has almost doubled from last year. $185 for a non-res hunting license and 2 turkey tags.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Still pretty cheap in comparison to a lot of other states

spaightlabs

Still less expensive than Nebraska.

If the extra $$ goes to habitat/conservation/enforcement, then no worries.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

fallhnt

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 21, 2016, 08:23:13 PM
Um if memory serves it is the same as it was last year and the year before.
KS license went up in cost. I'm still ready to go. Seems like the going rate. $100.00 a bird. Iowa is $200.00 a bird
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

WV Ridge Reaper

They was 125 last year..I'll gladly pay 185 to hunt KS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

Yeah they were around 125.  Oh well hopefully gas stays down and the hunt will average out.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mudhen

Yup, around $190 with fees...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

nativeks

It was a slap in the face to residents at the old prices and we finally got that in the right person's ear. I wish it was higher.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: nativeks on March 21, 2016, 09:13:05 PM
It was a slap in the face to residents at the old prices and we finally got that in the right person's ear. I wish it was higher.
Afraid some nonresident is going to kill all your birds? Sorry just never understood that mentality. We're all Americans in my eyes. I couldn't care less who comes here. Back to the op. Turkey tags are getting ridiculous but with the popularity of hunting them the states see $$$. My tags will run $625 and that's just for a couple of states. When it costs as much to kill a 20lb bird that's literally everywhere as it does to kill a 800lb bull that's not that's what chaps my butt

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

nativeks

It's not about that. We pay thousands of dollars to Kansas every year in taxes. For someone to pay $10 more than a resident for a tag was a slap in our face showing us we don't matter. Kansas sportsman are tired of being crapped on and told we don't matter. We are also going after guide use on public land right now. If we have a premium product then charge a premium price.

nativeks

owlhoot

Quote from: nativeks on March 21, 2016, 10:13:21 PM
Resident tag was 20.50 non resident was 30.50
Had to buy a hunting license for 75 bucks when i went , didn't hunt anything else.
How much was yours? My  under 16 year old then son didn"t get much of a break over there.
We all pay taxes.

nativeks

I bought a lifetime years ago. You have to pay to play don't like it stay out we won't miss you.