OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mississippi gobbler down!

Started by Cleveland48, March 20, 2016, 04:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleveland48

Finally made it happen about 10:00 this morning. He busted me the first try, so I backed out gave him a couple hours and snuck back in. Went about 60 yards past where I last saw him and set down. Made a series of purrs and clucks and bam right to my left off the side of the road. How he did not see are hear me walk in I'll never know!  Came in through some thick pines putting on a show. Took him at around 40 yards federal HW 7's in the 20 gauge knocked him flat. It was honestly a couple minutes before he even flopped. Great hunt lasted about 7 minutes from the time I sat down until I shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Congradulations! Way to stick with him.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Drthorn

Cleveland48

Thanks that hunt started bad because I have terrible hearing lol. I walked to the forks in the road let out some yelps on the box call, and heard him gobble though he was quite a ways off. Walked to the gate to call so I could get a good bearing on him before I moved to set up. Let off some more yelps and he blew my cap off. I made a quick move to the left side of the road and about me stride he stepped out in the road about 70 yards Well I froze best I could he was with some hens and they didn't putt , but kinda just snuck off the road. I set there for a little while not calling until it felt safe to back out. I was pretty upset I misjudged the distance, and figured I had lost this bird. So I tried some other spots just listening for a couple hours. Decided to try him again and hope for the best, and I'm glad I did!

OldSchool

Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Dr Juice

Awesome. Congrats.

bammerslammer 50

tomstopper

Stephen Fortenberry

Cottonmouth

Way to hang in there. That never give up attitude will be a blessing for years to come.

strutnva

Cleveland48

Thanks guys! First bird I've heard so far this year. This weekend been bad windy with some cold temps. Have not heard of many people hearing gobbles in NE MS

Honolua

chadly