OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Official owner of a turkey purse...

Started by Full strut, March 20, 2016, 12:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full strut

Hated wearing those bulky turkey vest, year after year. The last I had fit like an ill fitting wedding dress. Anyway, I bought one of those tom teaser quick sacks. Arkansas season hasn't opened yet, but it has already lightened my hunting load by about half. Unfortunately my man card went missing in the process

Swampchickin234

I have been eying them closely.  Beside the fact that your man card is gone, do you like the pocket layout? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilbucksndux

I hate wearing a vest and only do if I plan on being away from the truck all day. Dont tell anyone but looking pretty hard at something like this to carry water snacks ect in
Gary Bartlow

wvmntnhick

I too have eyeballed the turkey "murse" (man purse, or satchel if you're inclined to be macho about it) for the short hunts. Just throw a few calls into it and go. But I've got to have a best for the days that I hunt the club. No way a round that. I hunt it with a buddy of mine and when we go, were gone. I used to be of the thought that if the bird doesn't want to gobble, I'll go home. He's of the school that if they're not gobbling, let's find one that will. We used to hunt together but now we split up and go different directions in hopes of either both tagging one or at least finding a spot for the next morning. I don't particularly care for the idea of having that strap digging into my shoulder all day for however many miles we my cover. Having said that, hunting around my current location, I could definitely get into one of the smaller bags.

OldSchool

Cool, I'll bet after you carry it a couple times you'll really like it. We just have to be secure enough in our manhood not to let a little thing like carrying a purse bother us. ;)

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

tha bugman

I just take a slate, three Mouthcalls shells and gun.  Seems to work fine and even better I get to keep my man card.  I do have a vest for all day jaunts just so I can take water food and other calls to play with throughout the day. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Maybe if they'd call them "European turkey man bags"..................

:cowboy:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JK Spurs

I think you'll be alright unless you start taking it out to dinner or start trying to match your belt and boots to the purse. :TooFunny:
I like my turkey well peppered

Full strut

So far I like it. I use to bring every blessed call I had on a hunt and load down a vest to capacity. With this it actually restricts how many calls you can bring, which I like. The shoulder strap doesn't dig too bad if it isn't loaded down which was one of my hesitations. I keep my favorite 3 strikers, 2 pots, 2 scratchers, 1 box, 3 mouth calls, bino's, range finder, 4 shells, branch sheers and thermacell. That on your side with a waist strap butt pad isn't a terrible load to cover some miles with. So far I'm liking the change  :icon_thumright:

Happy

Isn't that what Bruce Jenner said? Now seriously, the ountain men carried a possible bag and I really don't see much difference between the two. Still is fun to pick on people n over tho.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

TauntoHawk

I'm gonna give a back pack with some turkey pockets added to the waist belt

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stickbow98

I've been carrying a Brossie bag for a few years now, and added one of these strap pads to aid in the comfort on my shoulder.  :you_rock:

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/2-Shoulder-Pad-32p211.htm
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

OldSchool

I started carrying what was sold as a shell bag about fifteen years ago during deer season. It has one main compartment with two outside pockets, the flap covers all three pockets and buckles shut. I use it all the time now. Scouting, deer hunting, turkey, small game, I love it.

I took some ribbing when I first got it, but It's so handy who cares. And on the first cold rainy day in deer season when I pulled out a dry pair of gloves, a sandwich and a soda in front of my buddys and you could see the envy in their eyes, it was worth the original chop busting. ;D

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Happy

I definitely see the advantages to carry extra stuff. I just always preferred to have a more streamlined approach and having a vest does that in my mind. I like having stuff separated in pockets so it's not all clinking around . I prefer a full vest and carry a decent assortment of calls. I think it's just a different aproach to the same goal. I feel a bag is more cumbersome than a vest but that's just my opinion.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

bigbird

I bought one too. I hope it works as well as I want it too!