OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 youth 21" vs junior compact 18.5"

Started by Full strut, March 20, 2016, 12:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full strut

Thinking about setting up an 870 youth 21" or an Jr. Compact 18.5". Y'all have any experience with tricking out such a short barrel? Concerned that Jr compact stock might be a little too small on the butt stock

Greg Massey

I trick out my youth 870 / 21 in barrel with Trulock 565 non-ported for a good all around choke and the surshot stock.. i like the 21 in. barrel better because it will cut down on the recoil just a little more than the 18 in barrel. Your going to want to change out the stock anyway after a little time using one..Also with the 21 in. barrel after screw in choke your going to gain another inch or so...I top mine off with a simmons pro diamond scope in low power..

owlhoot

The 21" has a lot of proven chokes and loads and seems short enough.  :z-twocents:

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: owlhoot on March 20, 2016, 04:51:26 PM
The 21" has a lot of proven chokes and loads and seems short enough.  :z-twocents:

I have the 21" barrel and I really like it.

I also have 18.5" 12 gauges that I really like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full strut

Quote from: owlhoot on March 20, 2016, 04:51:26 PM
Fair enough! That's probably the gun I will go with for my lightweight 20 project

outdoorsmen

I have two 21's and one 18.5. They are great for growing into for kids

Full strut

Well it's for myself, not a kid lol but I guess being 5'10" kinda makes me kid like lol