OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Walmart

Started by JK Spurs, March 19, 2016, 11:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I agree i do shop a lot on line for stuff i need for hunting. We do have a local gun store but he sales mostly hand guns but he will order long guns for you so i buy all my guns from him. I shop WalMart for a few items i need including some ammo, household supplies and garden stuff etc. Buy all my gas at WalMart..We don't have a maw pop place to buy gas and most other stuff were i live...I have to drive over 10 miles to a place to just get Ethanol free gas for all my lawn equipment, Polaris Ranger and 4 wheeler...

ilbucksndux

Quote from: 2eagles on March 20, 2016, 09:53:50 AM
I've done business with Walmart as a vendor for about 40 years.  If you think WM is a pain and don't like shopping there and support the local guy, Remember this. Thier employees are mostly local, working to provide for themselves and their families, so maybe shopping there isn't so bad.

They may hire local people but they dont give them enough hours to make a living,and the benefits are terrible. A family member of mine worked for them when Sam was alive and her benefits were excellent and so was her pay. She worked up to a management position pretty quickly. Now days it is not the story. Walmart is very bad for a community .   
Gary Bartlow

fallhnt

Mal Wart stopped selling guns in some areas and Sam doesn't own it anymore. :deadhorse:
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

spaightlabs

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 19, 2016, 11:29:54 PM
I'd buy from the local guy for so many reasons I can't find the time to type it all, unless he's a jerk. Then I'd buy from a different local guy.

This.

Gooserbat is a local guy.  You can buy a call from Walmart or support a local guy...

OldSchool

Glad to hear you found some deals. I've always tried to support the little guy too, but the only one that sells guns and ammo around here anymore is only open one or two days a week and he's not there most of the time when he's supposed to be open. I got tired of driving up there all the time trying to catch him there and eventually gave up on it. If he's around when I go by I'll give him the business, otherwise I'm on my way to one of the big stores. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Bob

Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

JK Spurs

Quote from: spaightlabs on March 20, 2016, 04:37:44 PM
Quote from: Gooserbat on March 19, 2016, 11:29:54 PM
I'd buy from the local guy for so many reasons I can't find the time to type it all, unless he's a jerk. Then I'd buy from a different local guy.

This.

Gooserbat is a local guy.  You can buy a call from Walmart or support a local guy...
Well I've done both... Bought three calls from him last year.
I like my turkey well peppered

turkey buster

Does the calls from Walmart even kill turkeys?! My best calls came from Lonnie Sneed and Gooserbat. I deal locally as much as I can and when I can't I just order from the little guys who are local or somewhere else.

JK Spurs

Quote from: turkey buster on March 20, 2016, 08:36:27 PM
Does the calls from Walmart even kill turkeys?! My best calls came from Lonnie Sneed and Gooserbat. I deal locally as much as I can and when I can't I just order from the little guys who are local or somewhere else.
Doesn't kill them but brought mine in last year. The Benelli did the killing.
I like my turkey well peppered

turkey buster

Quote from: JK Spurs on March 20, 2016, 08:40:29 PM
Doesn't kill them but brought mine in last year. The Benelli did the killing.

Well played  :z-guntootsmiley: :icon_thumright:

Greg Massey

good one, good one,,,JK Spurs

tha bugman

Yes.  They make turkey sounds therefore they will call up turkeys.  However I try to always support the smaller businesses.

steinb3rg

The hunting selections has dwindled at our local walmarts drastically over the years, but this past year after the season, I was passing through the hunting section and lo and behold everything was clearances. Bought $382 worth of calls, decoys, and shells for $76. A lot of Xmas presents for family members getting into turkey hunting and I'll be set on shells for a while. Haven't had a chance to pattern yet but I have a few to choose from. Have 3-4 boxes of each kind in the picture. At $2-$4 a box it was too hard to pass up.

DirtNap647

if you had the money your local walmart was bringing in you wouldn't be complaining

tha bugman

hey those thug loads did pretty well in one of my guns :fud:
Quote from: steinb3rg on March 21, 2016, 10:57:57 AM
The hunting selections has dwindled at our local walmarts drastically over the years, but this past year after the season, I was passing through the hunting section and lo and behold everything was clearances. Bought $382 worth of calls, decoys, and shells for $76. A lot of Xmas presents for family members getting into turkey hunting and I'll be set on shells for a while. Haven't had a chance to pattern yet but I have a few to choose from. Have 3-4 boxes of each kind in the picture. At $2-$4 a box it was too hard to pass up.

Greg Massey

I agree bugman those turkey thug shells shot great in one of my turkey guns also...great shell for the money they remind me of the old federal turkey loads without the flight control wad..