turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sbe2 hammer or trigger spring?

Started by reynolds243, March 19, 2016, 09:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

Anyone put an aftermarket replacement spring on the trigger or hammer? Did it help any and which one did you use?  I see Wolff makes a reduced power and extra power hammer spring and Taran makes one as well for trigger and hammer

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

reynolds243

Anyone?

Sent from my phone sucka

allaboutshooting

I have replaced recoil springs in my SBEs but no others, so I can't be of help.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Ridge Rooster

reynolds243,

Let us know what you find out and how well it works. I have only replaced my recoil springs to Wolf Extra Power springs.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

reynolds243

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on April 09, 2016, 08:58:09 PM
reynolds243,

Let us know what you find out and how well it works. I have only replaced my recoil springs to Wolf Extra Power springs.

Ridge Rooster

I saw videos of a guy updating his M2 using the Taran springs and it lowered his pull to 4lbs. However he was a 3 gun guy so he was only using light loads. Not sure what the impact would be for heavy loads if any

Mallards Only

What are you looking to accomplish?  Changing the spring will change the trigger pull wt.  My experience with my Benelli turkey gun is that it's the trigger creep that is the problem.  Only way to change that is with some machining.

Yoder409

Why wouldn't a $1600 shotgun just come with suitable springs from the factory ?????

:homersimpson:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

reynolds243

Quote from: Mallards Only on April 10, 2016, 09:14:46 AM
What are you looking to accomplish?  Changing the spring will change the trigger pull wt.  My experience with my Benelli turkey gun is that it's the trigger creep that is the problem.  Only way to change that is with some machining.

Trying to reduce creep and pull weight. Pull weight mainly on the 20 gauge

tomcat11-64

rpinks

Shipped my trigger assembly from SBE 11 to Rob Roberts. $100.00 he worked on it. Smooth and crisp.
Thanks, RP

reynolds243

I know rob can do it he did a lot of work on my gun already but it's till $120 after shipping. Springs are like $7 a piece.  If it can get better for $14 I'd rather start there but don't know the possible issues with heavy loads

Sent from my phone sucka

WV Ridge Reaper

Make it 130 cause you'll have to send it two..That place very rarely can do the job right the first time let alone the second.

Don't think mine way ever touched,got it back called and complained sent it back came back to me and it was better but not $100 worth..maybe $10

I like how the "all yea we can do anything and make it so much better" then when it's not better it's the typical well that's how them Benelli's are

Place is a JOKE

Just my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridge Rooster

Wasn't satisfied with my SBE2 trigger job either, they did a great job on my SBE1. Need to send it back again.

Ridge Rooster

Mallards Only

Quote from: reynolds243 on April 10, 2016, 09:46:26 AM
Quote from: Mallards Only on April 10, 2016, 09:14:46 AM

Trying to reduce creep and pull weight. Pull weight mainly on the 20 gauge
To reduce the creep, you're gonna have to have a qualified gunsmith do some machining on the hammer assembly.  Changing the spring will change the pull wt.  You can do that yourself.

Ridge Rooster

Mallards Only,

Do you know a qualified gunsmith who will work on them?

Thanks

Ridge Rooster