turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester Model 37 20 ga.

Started by swamppirate, March 17, 2016, 10:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamppirate

Just picked up a nice little red letter model 37 in full choke. Is anyone else out there toting one of these?
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

longislandloco

"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

wvmntnhick

^^^ wish I had one too. Had a youth model years ago but foolishly let it get away from me thinking I needed a repeater. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

owlhoot

Quote from: swamppirate on March 17, 2016, 10:49:03 PM
Just picked up a nice little red letter model 37 in full choke. Is anyone else out there toting one of these?
No red letter , just a 37A.

Model 37

swamppirate

What does your 37 like pattern wise?  I'd like to try the federal heavys through it but don't want to mess up the fixed choke!
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

owlhoot

Quote from: swamppirate on March 21, 2016, 07:04:36 PM
What does your 37 like pattern wise?  I'd like to try the federal heavys through it but don't want to mess up the fixed choke!
Mine , which is 37A shoots federal 7 HW over 100 in the 10" at 40, around 110 , only shot 2 for patterning.
With the red letter being more collectable, don't know if i would use HW though.

swamppirate

Thanks for the info. I'm running some copper plated lead through her first to see what happens.
Robert E. Lee

owlhoot

I think i would try federal with the flightcontrol wad.
Or the Fiocchi 7 1/2 load .