OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Heart Disease

Started by silvestris, March 15, 2016, 08:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvestris

I know, you have to have a heart before you can have heart disease, but my Cardiologist begs to differ.  Following my heart Cath yesterday, he started throwing around scary sounding words like triple-bypass.  He decided to go back and look at the test results and came back in using less scary terms like two stents.  At any rate, I have things on my mind that seem just a little more important than turkey hunting, just a little bit mind you.  I have another appointment with him on the 31st with a two day hunt with my grandson scheduled to commence the next day.  I don't want to miss that.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

hookedspur

Prayers for good results sent.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Bowguy

I'll pray for you brother, health comes first.

Hookinembig

I will send out a prayer for you. Even if you do have to delay your hunt to get everything straight with the correct procedure it will allow you to have many more hunts with him in the future. Its better to sacrifice a day or two now then to not to have the days in the future.

owlhoot

spaightlabs

Prayers up, and hope if it is something you can get control of you do so.

If you eat poorly, pick up your game and get your diet clean.  Lean meat, healthy fats and non-starchy vegetables.  buy ingredients and make food - the prepared food industry does not care about your health.

if you drink soda, stop - soda kills.

If you are overweight, fix it.

If you are sedentary, get moving.

Good luck and don't ignore this.

Greg Massey

I will pray for you. I have a heart condition also. I go every 6 months for a heart check up and blood work just 2 weeks ago I had my second stress test and thank the lord it came back fine.. People if any of you guys think you may be having problems with your heart please have a check up. A Heart Cath is just good for about 5 years..peace of mine is worth a lot..

turkeyfoot

Good luck heart disease is scary thing but when they get you fixed up you'll have many more years to chase birds with the grandson

Happy

Prayers sent and I hope you still get your hunt in. Better to miss a few hunts though and get to have many more than to have only a few left. Even if you are heartless there must be something there keep g things going.  :D Best of luck.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tomstopper

Quote from: Bowguy on March 15, 2016, 08:25:33 PM
I'll pray for you brother, health comes first.
:agreed: Prayers sent.

Mossyguy

Dang it Sil...praying for you

bmhern

I was a construction boilermaker for 38 yrs. I worked hard ,was in fairly good shape,tried to eat as healthy as I could working on the road and living in motels working 12 hrs a day. Went to work one night late Feb. cold crisp good working weather. Only 4 of us on the night shift, three men in the hole 40' down, one man to let us in and out on a boatswain chair. Id been working just long enough to get warmed up, when all at once I started pouring sweat ,got light headed, was having heart attack. I don't remember getting in the chair to come out, I just woke up on the concrete floor with my buddy telling me to stay down. So I jumped up while he was getting the other men out and was trying to figure out what happened, a heart attack never crossed my mind. I went to the motel room and went to sleep. Came back home because the supertindent wouldn't let me work until I got checked out. Saw a cardiologist 3 weeks later, had 2/ blockages one 99% he said I was lucky to be here. They put stents in.                       
    The reason I'm telling this is today 5 years later , I have 2 stents I feel great, do anything that I want, and I'm loving my retirement!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

silvestris

Thanx for the encouragement bmhern and others.  I am trying to stay away from stressful situations.  Thankfully turkeys don't stress me anymore; entertain me; yes; stress me, no.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

surehuntsalot

Quote from: silvestris on March 15, 2016, 11:25:56 PM
Thanx for the encouragement bmhern and others.  I am trying to stay away from stressful situations.  Thankfully turkeys don't stress me anymore; entertain me; yes; stress me, no.

silvestris..... I know all about heart disease, been dealing with it for  10 years now, 1 major and 3 less severe heart attacks later ( 8 stents) I'm still here. everything will be alright, I'm praying for you.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

kyturkeyhunter4

All things are possible with God, prayers are on the way.  :bible: