OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Suggestions needed

Started by tha bugman, March 15, 2016, 05:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Need some suggestions for a pair of uninsulated hiking/hunting boots? 

owlhoot

DANNER....................
maybe SNAKE boots.

spaightlabs

I purchased a pair of UnderArmour Wall Hanger boots last spring.  Love 'em.  Great arch support - extremely comfortable.  Longest hike in them was about 12 miles, lots of up and down in normal Colorado terrain.  Very happy with the purchase, would buy them again.

If you have a UA outlet near you look there first.

SKFOOTER

TurkeyBo$$

All of the above mentioned are good boots. I bought a pair of Lacross Rubber Snake Proof boots last year. They are really light and 100% waterproof and they are snake proof which is a bonus. I think they just came out with them last year. They probably wouldnt really be good hiking boots, but for hunting, they are excellent.

Gobspur

I've had about all brands, spending up to $400.  If you don't need higher top boots, I'd recommend Salomon Quest hiking boots.  Best I've ever found.

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/quest-4d-2-gtx.html?article=373259

Kwgoke

I'm a big fan of Danner Pronghorns

Rapscallion Vermilion

I am real happy with my Danner Grouse boots.  Made in USA.  Last forever.  My first pair lasted 17 years.

Frylock

Another vote for Danner.
I wear Danner Radicals when it's warm out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dearhunter3450

I have a pair of Vasque Summit GTX, love the boot. I have used them in WY , MT and at home in NY on multiple hunts and they have really held up. This will be my fourth season with them.

tomstopper

Columbia hiking boots.....

J-Shaped

I've got a pair of Asolo Sasslongs that I really like, but unfortunately they've discontinued. Check some of the reviews of the better brands on places like Sierr@  Trading Post. Lots of good info and depending on your price range, you can get some good deals on some of the higher end brands such Salomon, Lowa, etc.

tha bugman

I found a pair of Under Armour Bozeman Speedfreaks on clearance.  Started breaking them in today so we will see how these work.  They will at least be better than my Lacrosse knee boots in 80 degree weather on dry ground.

tha bugman

Here are the new kicks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

the cabelas Mendle ultralights are an amazing boot but ive heard mostly good things about UA boots
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>