turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Custom Call Maker Clarence Dies

Started by Greg Massey, March 15, 2016, 10:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Clarence Dies owner of Three Tracks Turkey calls is a custom call maker from Lebanon Tenn he has a small wood working shop behind his house and makes one of a kind custom calls from solid blocks of wood that's cut off his farm. He is a Three Time Holder Of The World Slam Of Turkey Hunting. He specializes in the building of custom and handmade turkey box calls. He makes one sided box, thumb-slot one sided, deluxe double sided, long box, short box and scratch box. He's a Tenn call maker that knows how to put the sounds of a Tennessee bird in each of his calls. He has won several awards and championships with his box calls. He is building me a deluxe double sided box call with a walnut lid, butternut sound boards and a cherry bottom and plans on shipping it at the end of the week..He's a great call maker and his custom one of a kind call's want break the bank. It's hard to fine a custom call maker anymore that has completed Three World Slam of Turkey Hunting or has lived in the turkey woods as has Mr Clarence Dies.

Greg Massey

Yes his name will get your Attention..Treerooster... Clarence loves to talk turkey also..

Jwall

Mr. Dies is a wonderful man. I spent some time with him this past August at his home learning to make some of his box calls. He taught me much more than I expected. He is an avid trapper and when I called to check up on how his trapping season had been I learned that he had a heart attack and wasn't able to trap or deer hunt this year. Luckily, I ran in to him at the NWTF convention and he seems to be doing much better and is getting ready for turkey season. He is a great man to speak with and I would recommend purchasing a call from him any day of the week. He makes a very affordable call and I know for a fact that they will get the attention of a hen this spring.

Tennessee Lead

Well I opened this thread with intention of saying I am sorry to hear of the loss.
Thank goodness I don't have to lol.
I've never heard of him but I'm about to search for more information.
Please follow up when you receive your call anxious to see it.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Tennessee Lead

Just looked him up.
Very affordable and only an hour from here. May have to give him a holler

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

tha bugman

me to!  whew  I never heard of the guy and got sad there for a minute.
Quote from: Treerooster on March 15, 2016, 11:02:24 AM
Well that's a relief. When I read the title to this post I thought we had lost another custom call maker.

I have not heard of Mr. Dies but have bought a call from Robert Clifft. Mr Clifft is from TN and an interesting fellow for sure. Makes a good call too.

Post up some pics of your new call when you get it.