OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

All-Weather Pot Call

Started by rbreedi1, March 14, 2016, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbreedi1

Guys, Recommend me an all weather pot call/striker that would work well in wet/misty conditions. Thanks
Thunder Ridge Totes

packmule

Enticer calls.  Check out the corian or deckboard pot calls.  They are first class all weather calls.  Al sells aluminum-tipped and carbon-tipped strikers that run great when wet.

chuckward

Darrin Dawkins stoned aluminum in a plastic pot with a carbon strikers runs pretty good wet. Enticer makes several wet weather pots also. Chuck

Beards and Hooks

I agree the wet ones Al makes (Enticer) are great i grabbed one from him at the outdoor show mine is in glass and can't wait to let the gobblers hear it, a great guy as well and his service is quick!

Quax

I have the enticer laminate; it plays wet. Sounds great wet with Al's aluminum tip striker.

sasmojoe

Get you a Loftis Crystal Screamer in Corian pot with a carbon striker.

model94

Enticer  Wet One Classic is awesome call wet or dry. That call is always in my vest and Al Holbert is a great guy!

Andy S.

Quote from: packmule on March 14, 2016, 12:57:25 PM
Enticer calls.  Check out the corian.....
Agreed. I have several and they run great after dipping in 5 gallon bucket of water. Check this video out here where he runs the Silver Thunder Extreme soaking wet (3:55 mark in the video). That call is killer wet or dry.

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/silver-thunder-extreme-aluminum/
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

tha bugman

I know that this is a lower end call, but I picked up a Redhead Reality Wet Hen Pot for $19.99.  It came with two strikers, one with a waterproof tip.  You can also flip it over and play the slate side as well.  I hunted in rain and mist on Saturday and it never missed a beat.  I think it sounds pretty good to!  ;D

goblr77

Quote from: Andy S. on March 14, 2016, 10:45:27 PM
Quote from: packmule on March 14, 2016, 12:57:25 PM
Enticer calls.  Check out the corian.....
Agreed. I have several and they run great after dipping in 5 gallon bucket of water. Check this video out here where he runs the Silver Thunder Extreme soaking wet (3:55 mark in the video). That call is killer wet or dry.

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/silver-thunder-extreme-aluminum/

That's a good one. The back of the call makes some great sounding purrs and tree calls.

Andy S.

Quote from: goblr77 on March 22, 2016, 11:41:49 AM
That's a good one. The back of the call makes some great sounding purrs and tree calls.
Yes it does!
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

PALongspur

Another vote for Al Holbert's calls. I'm really impressed with his Wet One glass call!

HFultzjr

Enticer..........nuff said.
I haven't seen any run better wet and they run better than most dry.

http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/

born2hunt

Enticer's Rolling Thunder is a very nice pot, wet or dry. And yes, the back plays sweet and soft.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

mwr