OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone hunt Alabama?

Started by Tomfoolery, March 31, 2011, 11:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomfoolery

Got an invite somewhere around Birmingham. Lotta birds?  What to expect?

Basser69

No birds in Bama.... Stay home  :angel9:

Actually the birds (both of them) are just getting right

ericjames

I have never  hunted up that far north so I won't be any help but there is several on here from up that way ,btw good luck on you're hunt

CASH

There are NO turkeys in Alabama!
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Chester

Quote from: CASH on April 01, 2011, 12:25:29 AM
There are NO turkeys in Alabama!

I will agree with that statement.

bowhunter84

we have turkey's in alabama???? :toothy12:

tndeer

A friend of mine has killed 4 already, all on public ground, which if you know bama country, that's a feat indeed!!!
If you can't howl like a big dog, keep yore mouth shut!

BrowningGuy88

Oh yeah I hunt Bama, but if I tell you where I will then have to kill you!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I haven't heard birds like I normally do. Been a few killed around, but I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

NorthMSReb

Man, I'm heading down with a buddy of mine tonight after work. We hunt in Greene and Hale Counties and I can tell you they've got the birds. The weather looks great. I'm sure I'll have a tough time sleeping tonight. Can't wait...

Good luck on your hunt.

Tomfoolery

Just found out. It's private land in Tuscaloosa county.

Beretta686

No No No NO NO , There are no turkeys in Alabama. There are a few arounf Bates Turkey Farm in Ft. Deposit. You may be lucky to hear one lone gobble. Stay home and save your gas money.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

NorthMSReb

That's less than a hour from where we hunt. I'd be willing to bet that yall have plenty of action. Keep us posted...

Tomfoolery

Quote from: Beretta686 on April 01, 2011, 12:52:24 PM
No No No NO NO , There are no turkeys in Alabama. There are a few arounf Bates Turkey Farm in Ft. Deposit. You may be lucky to hear one lone gobble. Stay home and save your gas money.

Too late. Just arrived in Birmingham. Y'all got me excited!

4nwtf

Quote from: NorthMSReb on April 01, 2011, 12:37:46 PM
Man, I'm heading down with a buddy of mine tonight after work. We hunt in Greene and Hale Counties and I can tell you they've got the birds. The weather looks great. I'm sure I'll have a tough time sleeping tonight. Can't wait...

Good luck on your hunt.
I hunt in Greene county and it has been ugly so far as in quiet.  Course I guess that goes with the no turkeys comment because I am really beginning to feel that way!!!!!

BOFF

Good luck!!

I won't be able to go until Monday. Should be a good day tomorrow!!

God Bless,
David B.