OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thank You For Sparing Me

Started by ghillie, March 31, 2011, 10:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGobbler

Ohh man that gives me the shivers seeing that. I hope whatever it was that happened was an accident and if it was intensional i hope they catch the SOB that did it before they hurt or kill someone. Its just a big INCONVENIENCE for you now glad you are ok

bowhunter84

870FaceLift

Bet you'd like to spit some beechnut in that dude's eyes!  Some people are crazy, its really sad.  The good thing is that you're ok.
Pass it on...

ghillie

Quote from: bird on March 31, 2011, 10:22:06 PM
Holy Crap Steve!!! I'm glad it didn't make it to the windshield.  You ain't kiddin' your one lucky man right now.  I hope the sheriff's dept catches the damn fool that would do such a thing.  Were you on I380?

Looks like the Hummer has got a Bummer now... Sorry man, couldn't help it!

Al

Nope Al, I was on Hwy 151 north of Walford....taking the Bummer now to get an estimate on repairs...

Quote from: hobbes on April 01, 2011, 12:21:32 AM
Holy Smokes!  Glad your alright.  Could the truck have been towing some rock and lost it?  Seems like they would have noticed though and stopped....maybe not.

Wow!

I was thinking the same thing but there was absoutly nothing else on the ground...no evidence that someone lost part of their load...I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt...but....it sure looks like this thing was pitched out of a window just as we passed each other...I've been going over it in my mind and I just can't see how a 10lb rock gets pitched UP over 4 ft to the hood of the truck by a tire...plus there was nothing on the road when I was driving...it was smooth sailin...

jshively

Quote from: redarrow on March 31, 2011, 11:08:11 PM
Praise God your ok. There are some real idiots running loose.
Unfortunately I must agree.  Sad to think that someone out there thought that what they did was cool.  Payback is a $itch.  They will get theirs in return.

catdaddy

Hognutz

Glad to hear that you had an angel in the car with you. It could have been so much worse. People like that need to be locked up for ever. How about spending about 5 minutes in a room, with the door locked, with that critter.  :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

wvboy

My BIL's mother got killed by some pothead teens throwing big rocks off an overpass in TN about 7 years ago, some of you TN boys from around Knoxville might remember that story.  Went right through the passenger windshield struck her in the face and killed her instantly ..

I had a scare when I was in High School once.. went around a turn and an 18 wheeler was on my side of the road coming right at me.. he jerked back over and there was a rock about the size of a softball in the road and he picked it up between his dual tires back tires and spun it around and it flew right at me.. put a gash down the hood of my Pickup 3 feet long and 1 inch thick and then spiderwebbed my windshiled when it hit it right in front of my face.. if it had come through I may have been seriously hurt.. but luckily the windshield held..

I'm glad you are OK..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

stinkpickle

bird

You know Steve, I really think you should contact KCRG TV9 and let them know about your incident on 151.  They just may do a story on this which could help maybe save someone's life as it just may scare the crap out of these fools knowing that the law is looking for them and that the public is aware of their stupidity.  If a news story does scare them off I'm sure you won't catch your culprits but it would sure hopefully stop someone else from having the same thing happen to them with possibly a worst outcome.  But who knows with stupid people.... They may want the notoriety and will continue to do it until they do get caught.  Imagine what would of happened if they would of hit a guy on a motorcycle.... not good!

Al

ghillie

I hear ya Al, ya know I thought about it...but the police are working on it.  I don't want to get in the way of that.   Kinda weird that under my name and post count...my location is "under a rock"   hummmmm

It's gonna cost almost $3000.00 to fix, less the deductable.

Do you think if it was kicked up by a tire there would be a transfer of rubber???  That boulder was clean except for the new scuff marks from hitting the road...no paint transfer either that I could see anyway.

Sorry but I just can't my brain around someone throwing a big rock out of their vehicle at another vehicle as they pass...how random...malicious...potentially devastating...what is wrong with people?  This sure has awoken the idea of just how precious life is and just how quick things can change in an instant.

pittboss

Gihillie glad to hear your OK   :icon_thumright:

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

bird

Steve... There is no way in the world that a tire from a pickup truck kicked that small boulder up in the air for you to run into it.  You can tell by the direction of the damage that the small boulder was coming directly at you as you were going toward it.  Without a doubt in my mind that small boulder was tossed at your vehicle as you were passing that truck.  More than likely someone was sitting in the bed of the truck when it was tossed and that is exactly what the sheriff's deputy is thinking too.  6 inches to a foot higher and you would of had a chest full or face full of boulder.  NOT GOOD!!!

Preacher

Glad to hear you are all-right,  I am iwth bird , I think that rock would have flipped a truck, before it was kicked up by a tire.    Scary,   !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romans 8:37