turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thank You For Sparing Me

Started by ghillie, March 31, 2011, 10:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

Had the scare of my life today...I'm still pretty freaked out about it...

So I was on the highway going up to CR to pay some bills since it's the end of the month...allready a somber tone to the day as I hate to pay bills!!  So I'm driving along...doing about 60 and I'm talking on the speaker phone with KDWP ordering my spring tags since today was the last day to get the discount...

Anyway...I'm driving up the road...all is well...no obstructions in the road...smooth sailin....then all of a sudden, just as another truck passes me... I see a blur coming at me from like a 10 o'clock position....the loudest bang followed by a shower of broken glass, plastic and dust...I almost loose control and am able to get it slowed down and off to the side of the road and onto the shoulder....I sit there for a minute and wonder what just happened!!  I do a quick survey of me and the dog...no pain...no blood...whew....

I get out and walk up the shoulder back to the scene and there is this huge rock sitting there in the road...not just a rock...more like a large stone...or small boulder....like the size of a large cantelope...or oversized football....it's broken in  half it appears as one side was free of dirt, dust or any other debris....very strange....I thought

As I walk back to the truck I get a good look at the truck and am amazed...another two inches higher and this thing would have come up the hood and right into me...at that point I got really nauseated and started to shake a little bit...

I called the Sheriff Dept in  the county I was in and asked them to send a deputy my way as I needed to make a report for the insurance company.  When he got there, I told him my story...thinking that perhaps the "boulder" was kicked up from a tire...he looked at the rock...looked at the damage and where it was on the truck and then kinda gave me a look...he then picked it up and felt how heavy it was and looked at me again...that is when I started to put it together...or at least started to figure out what he was thinking...I got that sick feeling again....

He gave me a case number after taking some pics...he put the rock in his trunk and told me to contact my insurance company...I asked if I could have the rock and he said it was "evidence"...then he started asking questions about the truck that passed me when this happened...at that point I asked him if he thought the rock was kicked up and he looked me dead in the eye and said "I doubt it"....my heart sank and I thought I was gonna puke....

I just find it hard to believe that someone would throw a stone like that at an oncoming car or truck....but here are the pics....I really hope that isn't the case

Thank you God Almighty for sparing this meek, feeble, soul...

the boulder

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bird

Holy Crap Steve!!! I'm glad it didn't make it to the windshield.  You ain't kiddin' your one lucky man right now.  I hope the sheriff's dept catches the damn fool that would do such a thing.  Were you on I380?

Looks like the Hummer has got a Bummer now... Sorry man, couldn't help it!

Al

Bonjour

Glad you are ok. That could have been very bad. I have heard of mowers kicking up ditch rocks and killing people, but that isn't a one pound ditch rock at all. I sure hope they catch the sob that would do something that stupid.

Basser69

Brother, thank God that you were not hurt. I know you were shaken up. I  had a jackazz throw a 2 x 4 at my truck running 70'ish on I-459 a few years back and hit the roof support between the windshield and the drivers window. Scared the crap outta me so I can feel your pain.

redarrow

Praise God your ok. There are some real idiots running loose.

Mailman

Glad you are ok. Holy crap. I woulda filled my drawers. If somebody did that on purpose thats pretty sad!
One Shot One Kill

TURKEYSLAYER101

WOW! You did get lucky!  Hey now days people are crazy and basically don't give a sh!t about  what they do or people they hurt! That's why I carry because in this day and age you never know what some dumbazz is going to try next!

TURKEYSLAYER 101
Some people hear voices in their heads. I hear turkeys!!!!

kj

God was looking over you.  Sick that someone would do that for fun.

Snoody Bastid

Glad to see that your doing OK. Have a shot of Wild Turkey, then go play the Lotto. When I was a young cop in the South Bronx we had bricks, bottles, rocks, garbage and even an old Evinrude outboard motor thrown off the roofs at us.
I hate people that throw stuff. I think they will catch them though. They'll do it again and get busted by cell phone, video camera or somehow.

TrackeySauresRex

WoW! glad your ok. If someone did do that. Some how some way they will pay.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

RutnNStrutn

northms

Sounds like someone needs a good ol' fashion azz whoopin.  Do you remember what the truck looked like to tell the police?  I hope they catched the SOB that did that.  Guessing you don't have any enemies right?

hobbes

Holy Smokes!  Glad your alright.  Could the truck have been towing some rock and lost it?  Seems like they would have noticed though and stopped....maybe not.

Wow!

TauntoHawk

Glad your ok dude!!!

thats attepted murder
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>