turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One shotgun

Started by jpen, March 12, 2016, 07:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpen

If you had to pick one to turkey,duck and deer hunt what would it be. I'm really limited on funds now and need a do it all gun. The less money the better.

agent eight seven O

Swampchickin234

Find an older 870 or a bps. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chad fenton

Go to walmart and get you an 870.  They are under $300. There ain't a thing wrong with the Mossberg 500 either and they are cheaper.  Both will do whatever you want for a long time.

highball

Remington 870 with a 26" barrel

paboxcall

870.  Endless options.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

obro

I agree with Highball . Remington 870 . Maybe an express 3.5 , 26 inch barrel , synthetic stock .

lowoctane

:toothy9:Remington 870, SM. Chokes for small game and get a rifled barrel for slugs for big game.
Hunted like that for a while.  :camohat:
As a matter of fact tho, Uncle Sam uses the Mossberg 500 in his arsenal with two changes to what you and I buy off the rack: metal safety button and trigger guard. I'd say that's a pretty good endorsement of the 500!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mudhen

BPS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Philippe

My 26 inch 870 SM. It's a no brainier with all the parts for it so widely available and it's natural versatility.

Bowguy

I would say the 870 is s great gun. Stood the test of time n than some. I have a ton of remingtons, love em all. That being said the Mossberg as much as I hate to say it is a better all around gun wity the overbored barrel so you don't deform shot on the shot, forcing cones lengthened to help w same, and the variability to shoot 3-1/2" shells well. Many guns can't do what the Mossberg does because of its features. Remington in general makes a more quality price but one gun my money goes to Mossberg

Double B

Followed by buzzards

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: chad fenton on March 12, 2016, 08:09:35 PM
Go to walmart and get you an 870.  They are under $300. There ain't a thing wrong with the Mossberg 500 either and they are cheaper.  Both will do whatever you want for a long time.
on a budget; this is your answer.  The mossberg maverick @ walmart is under 200.  It takes all of the same xhokes and barrels as the mossberg 500. Google the reviews on it. My son and I use one for duck hunting and have never felt handicapped with it m
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: highball on March 12, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
Remington 870 with a 26" barrel
Wholeheartedly agree....and also someone suggested Wal-Mart....that a good bet as well,I PERSONALLY would stay away from mossberg,I firmly believe Remington is a waaaaay better quality gun and will hold up alot better and longer ....but thats just my opinion. Good luck!!!!!