OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

All I have to do before season is...

Started by Tail Feathers, March 12, 2016, 11:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

...verify sight in on my guns, practice calling and spray my hunting clothes with permethrin. 
The trip money is in the safe, and everything else is set on go.  Even the vest is packed!  I still have almost a month to wait. :-\

What turkey hunting preparations do you still have to do before your first hunt this season?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

southern_leo

Sight in the red dot, scout one more time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JK Spurs

I'll take a couple shots to make sure my scope is on at various distances but other than that... I'm ready to roll! I'm hunting WV this year on some private land so I'm going to make a trip down there in a couple weeks just to check out the property.
I like my turkey well peppered

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

OldSchool

I mentioned in another thread that I got a new gun a few days ago so I need to shoot some patterns when I get the chance and I'll start scouting as soon as It's worthwhile to do so here. I do some calling year round, but I'll really get at it over the next several weeks. The scouting does as much to help get me back in as good a shape as my worn out body gets, as it does to let me know what the birds are up to.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

SteelerFan

Get a choke / shell combo ready in my son's new turkey gun, sort out starting line up of calls, etc. etc.

But hey, starting tomorrow - the clock in my truck will be right again! So, there's that done... ;D

OldSchool

Quote from: SteelerFan on March 12, 2016, 11:53:46 AM
Get a choke / shell combo ready in my son's new turkey gun, sort out starting line up of calls, etc. etc.

But hey, starting tomorrow - the clock in my truck will be right again! So, there's that done... ;D

Lol. Thanks for the reminder on the time change, I forgot about it. :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Tail Feathers

Scouting!  How could I forget that!?!?!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

wmn2

I'm goin to keep practicing my calling. I have two more doors to knock on to see if I can seal the deal in some private land. (Both I've been seeing flocks almost daily.) if not I'll be on public land. Vest is ready, gun is ready, just need to spray with permethrin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

Just took a little four mile jaunt this morning checking out a new chunk of public land this morning. Have to still get a new dot scope on my gun and sight it in, practice calling more and donate $165 dollars to the state of West Virginia for my license. Have a month to get it all done. Plus I have some more calls coming thanks to my darling wife. It's good to have a March birthday.!And I am going to have to get with my buddy on how we are gonna get together for some hunts. Between work and two boys plating baseball and a daughter playing volleyball I shouldn't be bored.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Happy on March 12, 2016, 02:29:14 PM
Just took a little four mile jaunt this morning checking out a new chunk of public land this morning. Have to still get a new dot scope on my gun and sight it in, practice calling more and donate $165 dollars to the state of West Virginia for my license. Have a month to get it all done. Plus I have some more calls coming thanks to my darling wife. It's good to have a March birthday.!And I am going to have to get with my buddy on how we are gonna get together for some hunts. Between work and two boys plating baseball and a daughter playing volleyball I shouldn't be bored.

The getting together won't be hard so long as everyone is healthy. Remember, we can hunt Sunday's here so there's that. We should probably go check out the deer property back home one morning to see if that's a go or a no but I can do that myself really. Might not hurt to see what the club has had timbered since our last trip. Sure don't want to get to a spot one morning to find the entire valley clear cut.

Other than that, I'll need to check the poi of my shotgun once the TSS shows up and I get some loads made up. It that doesn't happen in time, I'll be using the standard loads from last year. No worries either way.

turkeyfoot

Vacation time is all approved reservations all made for west trip guns shells all ready calls all conditioned now nothing to do but scout till April 9th

deerbasshunter3

I still need to learn how to call a turkey...

Cut N Run

Confirm zero on my red dot and treat hunting clothes with permethrin, otherwise I could be ready to go in about 3 minutes.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

bammerslammer 50

Starts in a couple of days here so I have to convince my boss how sick I am Tuesday. :turkey2: